Header is flicker while scrolling

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Header is flicker while scrolling

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Header is flicker while scrolling

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
  • marauf
    Participant

I can’t figure out why this header would flicker … also note when you are on a page, the header removes a few mms from the sides. like some sort of padding kicks in. it appears to “choke” a little bit.

example page.

https://www.77designs.co/start_building/

thx

marauf
    Participant

on a page, the banner is off by a few mm’s even at a full width setting.

Hi @marauf,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

This is happening because of the padding added to the column of the header that is created using the WPBakery page builder so please remove the padding to resolve the issue.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

marauf
    Participant

hi there, I looked through the settings (row, column) for the WP Bakery header and I didn’t see any padding. I’ve created an account for you and sharing creds in private nformation. Let me know what you see.

I removed the paddings and changed the height of the column by logging into your website as shown in the attached screenshots.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

marauf
    Participant

while I have you here .. can you look at why the whole banner just shifts slightly when scrolling in and out of the sticky … it moves like a few px. easily noticeable.

Could you please tell me which banner you are referring to here?

marauf
    Participant

if you go to 77designs.co, the header.

scroll down and enter sticky mode … you will see the header shifts ever so slightly. enough to be seen.

I could confirm the issue on my test site, therefore, I notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

marauf
    Participant

ok, thanks. will it come in the form of a theme update or a css custom code? also can you inform me here? the site launch is on hold.

thank you for looking into this.

It will be a theme update and I will notify you here after releasing the update.

marauf
    Participant

I saw there was a theme update today and updated the site. the issue still appears to be there.

I am using chrome btw. I checked on IE and it’s worse there. It shifts may be 10 full pixels when you get into sticky mode.

The latest theme update does not contain a fix for it.

Could you please test it by deactivating the Unyson plugin that you are using on your website?

marauf
    Participant

I deactivated and tested. no change.

It will be resolved in the theme.

In the meanwhile, you can use a built-in header instead of a custom header created using the WPbakery page builder.

marauf
    Participant

hi there,

Is there a way to use other header styles when a WP Bakery header is listed but not being used.

Under theme settings, if I use header 1 as my header, then it doesn’t work. I don’t want to remove WP Bakeyry header under headers. Kind of appears silly to have these options but won’t work because WP bakery header is listed, even though it’s not the selected option.

Not being able to use the header is a bit of pain right now, to be honest.  Great theme overall.

Can you assist?

I can see Header 1 on your website as shown in the attached screenshot.

Have you managed to change it?

Attachments:

marauf
    Participant

I can change the header and had the logo but I can’t customize color or add CTA buttons on there.

I was able to fix the WP bakery header with this style code

position: fixed

I added it to my custom css code and it won’t accept it. I tried the following …

header {

position: fixed

}

It wouldn’t accept the style.

What do you mean by it won’t accept the style?

Do you get any errors?

Could you please share the screenshot of it?

marauf
    Participant

I added the code to the custom CSS for the WP Bakery Header. first attachment.

Upon reloading the site, I don’t see the custom CSS for the header tag. I manually added “position: fixed” under the style element and it fixes the problem. 2nd attachment.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)