A blogpost with a link format doesn't seem to work

Home Forums Jevelin Theme A blogpost with a link format doesn't seem to work

Home Forums Jevelin Theme A blogpost with a link format doesn't seem to work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • MelH
    Participant

Hi, I’ve got two questions which I hope you can help me with.

1. I’m trying to create a blogpost using the link format, so that a reader can just click on the link and be taken straight to that other website.

But when I created a blogpost as a link format, when I click on the post on the homepage, it just opens up the blog post, but the link has disappeared. So it means that the reader can’t click on the link at all.

I’ve created a test post, which you can see at the top of my homepage at the following url, please could you help me find out why it is going wrong?

https://melanie-hall.co.uk/

2. How do I create a page which gathers blogposts from one category? For example, I want to create a science page, and I want to feature all blogposts on this page which I have tagged with the category ‘science’. Can you tell me how I can do this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @MelH,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. I’m trying to create a blogpost using the link format, so that a reader can just click on the link and be taken straight to that other website.

But when I created a blogpost as a link format, when I click on the post on the homepage, it just opens up the blog post, but the link has disappeared. So it means that the reader can’t click on the link at all.

I’ve created a test post, which you can see at the top of my homepage at the following url, please could you help me find out why it is going wrong?

https://melanie-hall.co.uk/

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

2. How do I create a page which gathers blogposts from one category? For example, I want to create a science page, and I want to feature all blogposts on this page which I have tagged with the category ‘science’. Can you tell me how I can do this?

You can achieve this by configuring that page as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

MelH
    Participant

Thanks about the category page question, that works now!

On the blogposts link format not working, please could you post a reply in this forum thread when the issue has been solved? Thanks in advance!

Sure we will update you here after fixing the issue in the theme.

The issue is fixed in the following latest version of theme so please update the theme as described in this page https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

MelH
    Participant

Thanks very much, this works, problem solved!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)