A few questions

Home Forums Jevelin Theme A few questions

Home Forums Jevelin Theme A few questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • cameronhr
    Participant

Hi there, I’m building my site at the moment and have a few questions about the portfolio.

1. Currently, if I have a long title for a portfolio item, the category gets pushed off to the next line. This would be fine, however it aligns to the right which looks super off (See first attachment titled WaPo Arrow). Is there a way I could make the “Washington Post” text align to the left?
    2. In that same screenshot, is there any way to have that same text next to the title display something other than the category? I’d love to be able to have that text stay as Washington Post, but have the category of the post as “opinion”, or something else.
    3. In the second screenshot, is there any way to hide the zoom in button when hovering over the image? I see a way to hide the link button, but see no way to hide the zoom button.
    4. Less important, but could I have it so that the image itself is a clickable link?

Thanks, Cameron

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Solution for this topic

Hi Cameron,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Currently, if I have a long title for a portfolio item, the category gets pushed off to the next line. This would be fine, however it aligns to the right which looks super off (See first attachment titled WaPo Arrow). Is there a way I could make the “Washington Post” text align to the left?

Yes we can do this but we have to do this for all posts regardless of their portfolio title length.

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-portfolio-content-container > div:last-child {
        clear: both;
        float: left;
        margin-top: 15px;
    }

In that same screenshot, is there any way to have that same text next to the title display something other than the category? I’d love to be able to have that text stay as Washington Post, but have the category of the post as “opinion”, or something else.

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Jevelin theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

In the second screenshot, is there any way to hide the zoom in button when hovering over the image? I see a way to hide the link button, but see no way to hide the zoom button.

You can remove it using below custom CSS code.

.sh-portfolio-item a.sh-overlay-item.sh-table-cell:last-child {
        display: none;
    }

Less important, but could I have it so that the image itself is a clickable link?

You can achieve it by changing portfolio content element Overlay style as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

cameronhr
    Participant

Great, thanks. This is super helpful. One more thing – is there any custom css or visual editor options that you could provide that would allow me to remove the header chunk highlighted in the screenshot? It’s taking up a huge amount of space and is unnecessary.

Thanks again, Cameron

Attachments:

Solution for this topic

It is a titlebar that you can disable from theme settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:

cameronhr
    Participant

Awesome, thanks so much. Is there any way that I can have a portfolio filter exist, but not show up in the top row of filters on the portfolio page? I assume not, but figured it was worth asking.

Thanks again, you’ve been incredibly helpful

Is there any way that I can have a portfolio filter exist, but not show up in the top row of filters on the portfolio page?

I am sorry but I didn’t understand exactly what you are trying to achieve so could you please describe it a bit more in detail?

cameronhr
    Participant

What I meant was: Could I have a filter titled “New York Times” or something else, but have it not show up along the top row of filters on the portfolio page? The resulting effect would be that I could have one of the portfolio items have “New York Times” as the label under the title, but I don’t want it to have a filter option for “New York Times” along the top row of filters.

Does that make sense? I know it’s confusing, sorry.

Yes you can remove it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-filter-container span.sh-filter-item[data-filter=".category-new-york-times"] {
        display: none;
    }
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)