Audio Blog Post

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Audio Blog Post

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Audio Blog Post

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • emailjohna
    Participant

Hi. I’m having a problem getting the audio blog post option to work. The only kind of link it seems to accept is from Soundcloud….which is what you used in the demo blog post that came packaged with the theme. But what other kinds of platform is it compatible with?

I’ve searched the Q & A here and see that you referred others to a WP article that discusses shortcodes but that isn’t helpful. I am looking to use your pre formatted audio audio blog post option where we have a field to insert a link to an mp3

I am looking to insert audio that is hosted elsewhere, tho I am not using a Soundcloud. Instead they are located at blog talk radio. I have links to the mp3 file. I’ve used these same links on an old site and they converted into a media player correctly. Any idea of why it doesn’t work with your audio blog? Is there a specification needed that Soundcloud and Youtube offer that other sites don’t?

Thanks

PS…I don’t have an example to share since none are working. I’m hoping for some general information about how this feature functions so I can choose a new host for my audio files and have it work correctly!

Hi @emailjohna,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

It retrieves the embed code for a specified audio file URL from a supported oEmbed provider. It does this using wp_oembed_get WordPress function.

You can see full list of supported oEmbed provider on the below page.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Embeds#Okay.2C_So_What_Sites_Can_I_Embed_From.3F

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)