/blog ignores page content

Home Forums Jevelin Theme /blog ignores page content

Home Forums Jevelin Theme /blog ignores page content

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • laszlo_oe
    Participant

Hi,

If I create a new page, calling it “Blog” and set the path to /blog, then its content will be ignored and some predefined blog post summary will be shown on the page. If I change the same page’s path to /blog2 or anything else other than /blog, it renders with the pages content.

Can you please help me to understand what I doing wrong?

For your reference I attach four screenshots:

1. /blog rendered page content
    2. /blog page content in editor (identical to content under #4)
    3. /blog2 rendered page content
    4. /blog3 page content in editor (identical to content under #2)

Please note the header is completely ignored with /blog and properly shown with /blog2.

Thank you for your help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @laszlo_oe,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting here.

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

In the meanwhile you can try resolving the issue by changing the theme file name from page-blog.php to page-blog2.php or anything else.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

laszlo_oe
    Participant

Thank you for the prompt follow up. I think for now we are covered, but it would be good to fix it in the next release.

Thank you for your help.

You are always welcome here 🙂

The issue is fixed in the following latest version of theme so please update your theme to the latest version.

Please login to access this file

You can update it by either deleting existing theme and then install latest theme version of it or use the following plugin to update the theme.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

After activating the above plugin just install the downloaded theme on your site.

You won’t lose your site content after updating the theme but for safer side you can take backup of your site before updating the theme.

laszlo_oe
    Participant

Hi,

Finally I was able to go through updating the site to the latest version of Jevelin theme. I went from version 2.6.3 to 2.7.3 and now I see a different failure mode, but still related to having a page with /blog or /blog2 url.

When using the /blog url, then the Blog Posts element is rendered with its shortcode. => see attached screenshot.

Currently I am using the workaround that you suggested above: renaming the theme file name from page-blog.php to page-blog2.php, but this is not a good approach as this is a change in the main theme directory and that will be overwritten by any future updates.

Can you please help to confirm this behavior on your end to see if I am missing anything on my end?

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

laszlo_oe
    Participant

Thank you for the prompt follow up and for the confirmation.

Please let me know once the fix is available. End of this month we will have another opportunity to update the site.

I also wanted to ask your help to provide an explanation what needed to be changed to fix this for our future reference.

Thank you for your help.

Sure we will let you know here once the fix is available.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)