Blog style not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Blog style not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Blog style not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • JeremyM
    Participant

Hi,

I have edited the blog page of my site and under Page Settings  I selected the Blog Style “Small images” but it doesn’t work. Actually none of those options seem to update the front-end.

Any ideas?

p.s: any other change on that page its working such as remove header, change footer etc

Hi @JeremyM,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To use blog options, you have to set Blog page template to the page as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JeremyM
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. The template selection dropdown is not showing. Keep in mind I am using Jevelin-Child theme. I have already copied page.php and page-blog.php in the child-theme dir.

I even edited the postmeta in the database and pointed _wp_page_template to the right file but didn’t make any difference. Does Jevelin have any built-in cache?

No the Jevelin theme doesn’t have any cache.

The template displayed by the theme file page-blog.php it seems you might have made some changes in the file when copying it into child theme causing this issue.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able see it.”?

JeremyM
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Ok I figured out what’s wrong and its quite stupid (on WordPress side not Jevelin’s). The page was set as the default “Posts Page” under Settings -> Reading, which ignores any templates and uses index.php instead.

It would be good if you could add a feature to overwrite this (other themes do).

Awesome great to see you got that figured out and we will consider your feature request to overwrite it.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)