Can't get main header background to show after updating plugins and Wordpress

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Can't get main header background to show after updating plugins and WordPress

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Can't get main header background to show after updating plugins and WordPress

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • ratashanoberts
    Participant

Hi there,

This is my very first WordPress website and I am a little out of my depth! I am creating a portfolio site for my graphic design work and thought because I done a lot of website updates through my old job at a web design agency, I could build my own website! It has been more difficult than I thought though.

The problem I am having currently, is that after I updated WordPress (or Softaculous, I think?) and plug-ins etc. the big header image has disappeared when logged in and out. The only way I can see it is if I am editing with yellow pencil?

I was also wondering if I really need the WooCommerce plug-in on my site, I am using this theme only for a portfolio site and have no intention of ever selling anything. I’d like to make the back-end of my website as easy as possible to use and navigate, as I really am very confused by all the sections you can edit things and all the plug-ins etc.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Natasha

Hi Natasha,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Yes you are right. If you don’t want to sell anything on your site then you don’t need WooCommerce plugin and you can deactivate it.

You can use following plugin to easily access menus in the admin area.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-easy-admin/

The problem I am having currently, is that after I updated WordPress (or Softaculous, I think?) and plug-ins etc. the big header image has disappeared when logged in and out. The only way I can see it is if I am editing with yellow pencil?

I am not sure which header image you are talking about so could you please share me the screenshot of it?

Also please try deleting and readding the image.

If it doesn’t help then would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able see it.”?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

ratashanoberts
    Participant

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply – much appreciated.

If I do remove WooCommerce, will it change anything visually on my site?

I literally mean on the initial page you land on, the big grey header behind ‘natasha roberts’ I’m not sure the actual name for this image? There are all kinds of images (title bar, header, background) so when I first got it to work it was through trial and error. As I said I am a total beginner with this!

I have shared my log in details in the private information field. Please feel free to remove anything unnecessary in terms of plug-ins or stuff that I don’t need. i just want a simple portfolio website! Finding it very difficult to navigate the back end.

If I do remove WooCommerce, will it change anything visually on my site?

No

I literally mean on the initial page you land on, the big grey header behind ‘natasha roberts’ I’m not sure the actual name for this image? There are all kinds of images (title bar, header, background) so when I first got it to work it was through trial and error. As I said I am a total beginner with this!

Then please tell me by sharing the page URL from demo site https://jevelin.shufflehound.com/ how you want the image to display in the header so that I can help you.

ratashanoberts
    Participant

The look I am wanting is of this page: https://jevelin.shufflehound.com/portfolio1/

The guy with the camera in the background is the image I am talking about. I did already have the image there but it’s not there anymore since updating stuff. In my media on WordPress it should be the newest upload, namely:

<div class=”filename”>File name: Header-background.jpg</div>
    <div class=”filename”>File type: image/jpeg</div>
    <div class=”uploaded”>Uploaded on: March 1, 2018</div>
    <div class=”file-size”>File size: 168 KB</div>
    <div class=”dimensions”>Dimensions: 1920 × 736</div>

I can see the image on your shared site as shown in the attached screenshot which you have set as a background image of section.

Please advise.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)