Center columns on page

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Center columns on page

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Center columns on page

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
  • lorena
    Participant

Hi,

My site url is https://smarterlite.com/?page_id=1102.

I am trying to center the last 3 columns that are aligned to the left at the moment so they sit directly centered underneath the team members above.

I know I can divide the row into 3 columns however I need them to be the same width and height as the 4 columns about. How can I do this.

Please see image attached.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @lorena,

Thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this using Yellow Pencil editor as described in the below page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/how-to-change-almost-any-element/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

lorena
    Participant

Hi,

I have built the webiste in WPBakery. If I use yellow pencil now wont it stuff up the website?

Thanks

lorena
    Participant

I have tried moving the columns over and saving however any changes I make do not reflect on the website afterwards like something is overriding Yellow pencil, also any changes I make in responsive mode shouldnt alter how the website views on computer screen right?

I have built the webiste in WPBakery. If I use yellow pencil now wont it stuff up the website?

WpBakery is a page builder and Yellow Pencil is a CSS editor so they won’t conflict with each other.

I have tried moving the columns over and saving however any changes I make do not reflect on the website afterwards like something is overriding Yellow pencil,

Would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please temporary share me your site admin login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”?

also any changes I make in responsive mode shouldnt alter how the website views on computer screen right?

Yes, you are right.

lorena
    Participant

That would be amazing thank you. I am also having trouble with my sticky navigation menu. I’m finding that it is flickering when scrolling on all iphones. While you are in are you able to have a look at this for me too?

Thanks so much. Details shared.

I have used below custom CSS code on your site to achieve it.

#sl-team {
        margin: 0 auto;
        max-width: 903px;
    }

@media (min-width: 768px){
    #sl-team .wpb_column {
        width: 33.33%;
    }
    }

lorena
    Participant

Thanks! Can I use this css to center other elements also? Like the attached screenshot? I tried editing this with yellow pencil however it did not save also.

Attachments:

lorena
    Participant

And where do I enter custom CSS?

Yes, you can develop custom CSS code and use it on your site by adding the below CSS code in the Custom CSS option of Ivory Search plugin settings on the path Ivory Search -> Settings -> Settings

lorena
    Participant

Are you able to send me  a screenshot of where I can find this? I’m not familiar with it

Sorry, I sent you the wrong path.

It is a below path as shown in the attached screenshot.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

Attachments:

lorena
    Participant

Fantastic! Is there any chance you could send me the CSS coding for this or a guide I can use?

I am not sure which CSS coding you are referring to and for what so please advise.

lorena
    Participant

I am trying to center the elements (text specifically) in this row when viewing on mobile or ipad. I attempted to do so with YellowPencil however it does not save the changes.  See image attached.

Is there css coding that you could guide me to or give me that I can use to center elements when responsive? Thanks.

Attachments:

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

lorena
    Participant

Sorry, you said I could use Yellow Pencil which does not work and haven’t given me a reason as to why it doesn’t work. You developed custom CSS to resolve my issue with the team page however its not possible with this divider? I’ve purchased a theme with support so I don’t have to use a developer or know much coding.

If I’ve purchased a theme that states it is responsive yet its only user friendly CSS tool (yellow pencil) doesn’t work to help people who dont know coding then should I be requesting a refund?

Sorry, you said I could use Yellow Pencil which does not work and haven’t given me a reason as to why it doesn’t work.

It’s working but it seems you are not using it correctly so please refer the below plugin documentation to know how to use it.

https://yellowpencil.waspthemes.com/documentation/

You developed custom CSS to resolve my issue with the team page however its not possible with this divider?

Yes, it is possible for us to develop custom code for your every customization but it takes time and beyond the scope of support that we provide.

Please refer the below page to know what is included in the support.

https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

I helped you initially developing custom CSS code by going out of support scope as I want to make our customer happy and this was your first initial custom code request and I had time but this does not mean that I am bound to develop custom CSS code for you.

I’ve purchased a theme with support so I don’t have to use a developer or know much coding.

Yes, we are here to provide you theme support but please understand we are not here your developer so don’t expect any custom work from us that the theme doesn’t provide.

If I’ve purchased a theme that states it is responsive yet its only user friendly CSS tool (yellow pencil) doesn’t work to help people who dont know coding then should I be requesting a refund?

The theme is responsive and nothing is breaking on your site.

What you are expecting is custom work which is specific to your site and you should do it. To provide you facility to do custom work, we have bundled premium Yellow Pencil editor plugin with the theme free of cost.

I logged into your site and made the custom changes using Yellow Pencil Editor to display text center align on mobile so please check it.

You can request a refund from ThemeForest where you have purchased the theme.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

lorena
    Participant

Well can you talk me through how you did it so I can compare where I may have gone wrong?

All I did was go into responsive mode center my text using the panel on the right, hit save and then go to live preview. I also followed the tutorials in the link you provided and there is nothing I am doing differently.

All I did was go into responsive mode center my text using the panel on the right, hit save and then go to live preview

I did the same things as displayed in the attached screenshot.

This can be your browser issue so please try using a different browser or disabling your browser extensions.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)