Change domain name

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Change domain name

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Change domain name

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • secondph
    Participant

We initially created a temporary site with the theme to get everything set up to our liking. Earlier today we tried making the new site live. We updated the domain and URL settings in wordpress but we found that the theme hard coded the old domain when using any images. So all the images are still pointing to our temporary domain name and causing SSL problems. Is there an easy way to update the image urls to use the correct domain name?

Hi @secondph,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The theme doesn’t hard image URLs. May be you have missed the steps in site migration.

Now you can use following plugin to change old URL to new one but before that please take backup of your site so that if anything goes wrong then you can restore it.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-and-replace/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

secondph
    Participant

You say that it doesn’t but when I looked at the source of the site every image from the media library was using the old domain name. I had to manually go to every page and edit every element that had an image and select a different image, save it, then select the original image, and save again. Then all the image URLs were correct.

Anyway, I was able to fix it and this thread can be resolved.

Thanks.

Awesome great to see you got that resolved.

Actually you are not getting the point that theme hard coding means saving data in theme code and not in the database and the data saved in database like image URLs are never hard coded.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)