Change the single post page width

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Change the single post page width

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Change the single post page width

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • mktonlike
    Participant

Hi Support

I would like to know how I can change the width of my posts. Currently, I think it is 1200px but I would like to change it to 875px. This change would like it to be for all the posts on my blog. I have tried to do it myself adding some lines of CSS but then stop to work the responsive correctly, therefore I have not done it well.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @mktonlike,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.single-post .container.entry-content {
        max-width: 875px !important;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

mktonlike
    Participant

Hi!

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, it does not work. The content goes out of the container.

Attachments:

It works fine for me so could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

mktonlike
    Participant

Hi!

Yes, of course.

http://www.onlike.es/claves-contenido-visual-ecommerce/

I think I have found a pattern that maybe can help to solve this problem. The posts created through the visual page builder do not work with your CSS code. But the pages that I created with the default editor work.

Like this:
    http://www.onlike.es/novedades-de-las-redes-sociales/

At the same time, I have detected another issue. In my blog section, the posts that I created with the visual page builder do not show the first paragraph, they display only the title. While the posts created with the default editor in the post-card they display a few lines of content (attach screenshot).

I look forward to your help.

Thanks

Attachments:

mktonlike
    Participant

Hi,

I need to delete the CSS code that you indicated to me because I can not have the whole weekend of the blog like that. Please let me know when you are going to work on my issue, so I can put it back on and you can make the appropriate checks.

Thanks

Solution for this topic

Could you please try changing above shared CSS code as following?

}

.single-post .sh-section-container.container {
        max-width: 100% !important;
    }

mktonlike
    Participant

ok, one second

I visited your shared site and saw an error in the CSS code that you have not closed opening bracket as shown in the attached screenshot which is causing my shared CSS code not to work.

Please correct your CSS code and try adding shared CSS code on the top of your existing CSS code.

Attachments:

mktonlike
    Participant

Ohh perfect!!

It is solved, thanks!

You are most welcome here 🙂

mktonlike
    Participant

Hi Support,

Unfortunately, it seems that the problem is not completely resolved, but we are very close to reaching it. This weekend I tested the change that I made following your instructions and in the mobile, we lost the margins and/or padding. That is, now the responsive does not work correctly. (Attach screenshot)

I need start to promote this content, so would be great if we can solve it ASAP.

Thanks,

María

Attachments:

Try changing above shared CSS code as following.

}

.single-post .sh-section-container.container {
        max-width: 95% !important;
    }

mktonlike
    Participant

The title and the cover image still appear without margin in the mobile version. I have also detected that the class (.single-post .sh-section-container.container {max-width: 95%! Important;}) also affects the desktop version, that is, the content of the post in the desktop version It also has a margin that it did not have before.

Attachments:

You can try changing it using Yellow Pencil Editor as described in the following page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/how-to-change-almost-any-element/

mktonlike
    Participant

Excuse me but installing a plugin I do not think it’s the solution.

There is something that is not correct in the CSS code sent to me.

It should not be too difficult, this theme is responsive and before it worked perfectly.

Please, I hope you can help me and tell me the correct CSS to solve the problem of the width of the posts, both in the desktop version and in the mobile version.

Thanks

Yes the theme is responsive and worked fine on all devices.

You want to achieve custom functionality in the theme and to do that you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Jevelin theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

mktonlike
    Participant

It is not about creating a specific functionality, it is just changing the container width of the single post and that this change works correctly in the mobile version. If you read the initial messages you will see that this is not about creating extra features.

Please understand that we provide support if the theme doesn’t work for you as displayed in our below demo site. Please see support terms here  https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

https://jevelin.shufflehound.com/

What you are trying to resolve is not theme issue or it is not a functionality that the theme provides. It is custom functionality question and you should develop it yourself or by hiring a developer.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here but if the custom functionality is small and code required for it easy which won’t take too much time then we do help our theme users by developing it that’s why I developed and shared you the custom CSS code but now it seems it required more custom functionality which is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

I am sure you understand this now.

Thank you!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)