Change widgets

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Change widgets

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Change widgets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • edugsdf
    Participant

If I want to make a small change in the image widget, do I just copy the same structure to the child theme?

Example: copy jevelin/inc/widgets/image/* to jevelin-child/inc/widgets/image/

I did this, but the changes made did not appear. Does any other configuration need to be done?

Hi @edugsdf,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Yes you have to just copy the widget directory in child theme.

The theme provides only two image widgets called ‘Shufflehound Information’  and ‘Shufflehound Image V2’.

Could you please tell me which widget you are using?

The directory  jevelin/inc/widgets/image/ is for ‘Shufflehound Information’ widget. Please do not confuse with default WordPress image widget.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

edugsdf
    Participant

Hello!
    I do not confuse. I did the test exactly with “Shufflehound Information” in the directory: jevelin/inc/widgets/image/

Better saying in the child’s thema’s directory: jevelin-child/inc/widgets/image/views/widget.php

Take a test there for you to see. I needed to remove esc_attr to allow HTML code.

You have to overwrite whole widget directory jevelin/inc/widgets/image/ and not just the widget file /inc/widgets/image/views/widget.php

edugsdf
    Participant

I did just that. I copied the entire parent theme directory to the child theme directory.

copy jevelin/inc/widgets/image/* to jevelin-child/inc/widgets/image/

How do you work? Did you this test I did?

It seems you are doing something wrong as it is working fine for me on my test site.

Please see the code from attached child theme which is working fine for me and do accordingly.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)