child-theme responsive css not loading in wordpress multidomain network

Home Forums Jevelin Theme child-theme responsive css not loading in wordpress multidomain network

Home Forums Jevelin Theme child-theme responsive css not loading in wordpress multidomain network

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Ulf Meyer
    Participant

Dear Support Team,
    in my last two projects I had to add code to my child theme function.php to make the css of the child theme been loaded as well:

<?php

function jevelin_child_styles() {
    wp_deregister_style( ‘jevelin-style’);
    wp_register_style(‘jevelin-style’, get_template_directory_uri(). ‘/style.css’);
    wp_enqueue_style(‘jevelin-style’, get_template_directory_uri(). ‘/style.css’);
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘childtheme-style’, get_stylesheet_directory_uri().’/style.css’, array(‘jevelin-style’) );
    }
    add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘jevelin_child_styles’ );

With this code added the css files inkl. css/responsive.css can be edit and working fine.

Now I have a customer with a multidomain network installation. Same code been used and the style.css loaded fine from the child theme but NOT the subfolder css/responsive.css

I even involved a php programmer trying differnet things to solve this issue like e.g.

function jevelin_child_styles() {
    wp_deregister_style( ‘jevelin-style’);
    wp_register_style(‘jevelin-style’, get_template_directory_uri(). ‘/style.css’);
    wp_enqueue_style(‘jevelin-style’, get_template_directory_uri(). ‘/style.css’);
    wp_enqueue_style(‘jevelin-style-responsive’, get_template_directory_uri(). ‘/css/responsive.css’, array(‘jevelin-style’));
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘childtheme-style’, get_stylesheet_directory_uri().’/style.css’, array(‘jevelin-style’) );
    wp_enqueue_style( ‘childtheme-style-responsive’, get_stylesheet_directory_uri().’/css/responsive.css’, array(‘childtheme-style’) );
    }

But the responsive.css in the folder css in my child theme is not loaded ;(

Any idears?
    saddly for this customer I can not provid creadentials – only a frontend link (see private information).

Hope you can help as I will be not responsible for the theme uodates for this customer and all responsive.css changes will be gone after update if I only do this is the main theme responsive css.

When I add e.g.

@media (max-width: 1250px) {

/* Page Container */
    .container {
    max-width: 960px !important;
    }

to my style.ccs in my child theme still the responsive.css of the main theme is preferend and my style.css in my child theme overwritten.

Can you help.
    Best

Ulf

Hi Ulf,

Thank you for your question.

Developing custom code in the child theme for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Ulf Meyer
    Participant

I understand – was worth a try 😉

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)