Contact Form Broken

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Contact Form Broken

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Contact Form Broken

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • chr1s9r
    Participant

Hi,

unfortunately, one of the theme updates broke the forms.

Whenever a form is sent – no emails are sent. In the console the error appears:

[…]/wp-content/themes/jevelin/js/form-errors.js?ver=1.0 404 (Not Found)

Indeed, this file is not in the location anymore but the code seems to still refer to it.

Please advice on how to fix.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Could you please tell me which version of theme you are using?

Also please try temporary deactivating WP Rocket cache plugin that you are using on your site.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

chr1s9r
    Participant

Hi,

I am on the newest version.

WP Rocket was deactivated and the issue persists.

Best

Chris

I can see WP Rocket cache plugin is active on your site so could you please disable it and also display contact form somewhere on your site so that I can troubleshoot the issue?

chr1s9r
    Participant

Done. Please use the link below.

I can see on your site some javascript error is generating causing contact form not to work as shown in the attached screenshot.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

chr1s9r
    Participant

The error was fixed and has nothing todo with the problem. The issue persists.

chr1s9r
    Participant

I tested it and turned of all irrelevant plugins on my localhost. No difference. After digging into it I found out that the issue is coming from that file: /jevelin/inc/hooks.php:

wp_enqueue_script(
    'jevelin-show-form-errors',
    get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/form-errors.js',
    array( 'jquery' ),
    '1.0',
    true
    );

This causes the theme to load the file (/js/form-errors.js). The file does not exist in the theme directory and was potentially deleted in one of the versions.

Now I have tested on your shared site and the contact form gets sent successfully as shown in the attached screenshot without displaying any error message in the browser console.

Please advise.

Yes you are right that the referenced file /jevelin/js/form-errors.js doesn’t exist and I have notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

chr1s9r
    Participant

Until you fix the theme I use the contact form 7 plugin.

Ok we’ll fix it and notify you here.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)