demo content appears on co. website

Home Forums Jevelin Theme demo content appears on co. website

Home Forums Jevelin Theme demo content appears on co. website

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • cheeks
    Participant

Hi. I have completed the build of my site and deleted demo content categories, pages etc. However I did a Search in Shop, and typed shower essentials”. I saw the search results appear per the screen shot. I’m baffled why this is happening and would need to fix this urgently. Can you go into my site to have a look? Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

cheeks
    Participant

you will see in the screen shot there are categories for animals , design, travel — these do not appear in the backend for categories. Also, for tags– those are demo content tags. I don’t understand why they appear in Search. Secondly, I did a general search on the top bar — same search term, “shower essentials” — the same results appeared with demo content categories, tags etc. Please guide me on to how fix this. Thanks.

Hi @cheeks,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I searched “shower essentials” but got a different result on your site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

cheeks
    Participant

Hi. I did the same search using the top bar search function and got the same result as you did.

1. why does search results appear like that in boxes?
    2. Also, I do not want the search results to display “author” ie “by cheoksh”
    3. In every search box there is a “tag”  (bottom) how do I remove that?
    4. Please see screen shot — if you search on a Shop page, you will see demo content. This shouldn’t be happening but I do not know how to resolve. If you go into my website, you can check WordPress — I have deleted demo content pages etc.

Please advise. Thanks.

Attachments:

Solution for this topic

why does search results appear like that in boxes?

This is how it displays which you can see on the following demo site.

https://jevelin.shufflehound.com/?s=a

Also, I do not want the search results to display “author” ie “by cheoksh”

In every search box there is a “tag”  (bottom) how do I remove that?

You can remove it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.search-results .post-meta.post-meta-two,
    .search-results .post-meta-one span.post-meta-author {
        display: none;
    }

.search-results .post-meta-one a.post-meta-date {
        padding-left: 0;
    }

Please see screen shot — if you search on a Shop page, you will see demo content. This shouldn’t be happening but I do not know how to resolve. If you go into my website, you can check WordPress — I have deleted demo content pages etc.

Your shared site credentials are not working for me so please make sure they are working so that I can troubleshoot it.

cheeks
    Participant

Hi, thank you for getting back, I used the code you provided. The search results look better, however I am still seeing dates attached to the search. I would like to get rid of the dates. Is it possible. See screen shot.

Search in “Shop” — the search results show demo content. Did you try running a search on the live site and did you get the same? Attached is the screen shot.

On the credentials, I checked that you are indeed an admin and the credentials I provided you are correct. Please try and let me know if you can access. Thanks.

Attachments:

Solution for this topic

Hi, thank you for getting back, I used the code you provided. The search results look better, however I am still seeing dates attached to the search. I would like to get rid of the dates. Is it possible. See screen shot.

Use below custom CSS code to remove the dates.

.search-results .post-meta-one {
    }

Search in “Shop” — the search results show demo content. Did you try running a search on the live site and did you get the same? Attached is the screen shot.

Now I could log into your site and saw the pages displaying in the search results as shown in your shared screenshot still exist on your site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:

cheeks
    Participant

Thanks for your help to remove the dates in the search results. However I don’t think you addressed my question on the search results showing demo content when I run the search in Shop. Please go to citytechchemical.com/shop

Then type “shower essentials” in the search bar on the left. you will see demo content like the Jevelin categories like animals, design — and photos that your team uploaded for the demo.

How do I solve this problem? See screen shot.

Also for “Home basic” can I delete/trash that from Pages? I’m asking because I modified the Home page of my website from the demo Home Basic page. I wasn’t; sure if deleting it meant I would lose content for my Home page.

Please can you help me soon, as I really do not want demo content showing up when people do a search in our Shop.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Then type “shower essentials” in the search bar on the left. you will see demo content like the Jevelin categories like animals, design — and photos that your team uploaded for the demo.

How do I solve this problem? See screen shot.

That is what I am telling you that the Demo content still exists on your site as shown in the attached screenshot so If you do not want it then just delete them.

Also for “Home basic” can I delete/trash that from Pages?

What do you mean by “that” here?

Attachments:

cheeks
    Participant

I’ve deleted all demo content in Blogs, Portfolio, Tags, Categories and even Media. yet I am still seeing demo content when I search “shower essentials” in the Shop page. See screen shot. Can you please check what’s the issue? pls see screen shot.

Thanks.

https://citytechchemical.com/shop/

Attachments:

I don’t see any demo content in your shared screenshot so please be a bit more specific.

cheeks
    Participant

Can’t you see the text?

-categories

-projects

-store news

-Image from demo content (Discounts … 60%)

this is all demo content. It is all appearing when I run a search in Shop page using the term Shower Essentials. Did you go to my site and try the same? I hope we can resolve this today. It has been many requests but I’m still stuck.

That is not demo content but just the widgets that you can remove or edit from widgets screen as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:

cheeks
    Participant

I have removed the widgets as you advised. I ran the same search using “shower essentials” and it says “Please assign your widgets” — why is this happening? If there are no results, that should just be it, correct? Please see screen shots.

Attachments:

Solution for this topic

This is because the search results page always display sidebar whether it is empty or not.

If you don’t want to display it then please use below custom CSS code.

.search-no-results #sidebar {
    }

.search-no-results #content {
        width: 100%;
    }

cheeks
    Participant

lovely! thank you so much. It’s great now 🙂

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)