Difficulty adding new div class

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Difficulty adding new div class

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Difficulty adding new div class

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • JacoJams
    Participant

Hi, I’m attempting to add a custom div class to the site and no matter which css location I drop it into, i get no results. In the attached text file you can find the custom styles and the HTML code at the bottom. Some advice on the proper place in Jevelin to place this would be awesome, thank you.

Damon

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Damon,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve so could you please describe it a bit more in detail by sharing its screenshots and your site URL so that I can help you to achieve it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

JacoJams
    Participant

Of course, thank you. I’m trying to create a bit of text so that when the mouse hovers over it, a “tip” of additional text appears. If you go to this URL from w3schools, it will show you the type of code I’m trying to add to the theme and the desired type of result:

https://www.w3schools.com/howto/tryit.asp?filename=tryhow_css_tooltip

thanks.

To achieve this, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Jevelin theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site.

JacoJams
    Participant

Sorry, I think you misunderstand. I have the code developed. In my original message, I included the code. Also in the link sample I provided, the code is already developed. And, I have tested this on another website of mined using a different theme and it works no problem.

There are 3 different locations for custom CSS in the Jevelin theme: Theme Settings > Customize Code, Appearance > Customize and the Theme Editor in the Child Theme CSS Editor.

I fully understand to code in the child theme. And I understand how to code div styles. What I’m trying to get across is that jevelin won’t accept any custom div styling code. I need to know what’s overriding it

Thanks.

Ok, then could you please share me the page URL from your site where you are using the code and also share the screenshot of that section so that I can help you?

JacoJams
    Participant

Thanks!

I created a test page for it at: https://armorpoint.com/hover-text-test/

It’s basically just coming up blank.

In a text block I am placing:

<div class=”tooltip”>Hover over me
    <span class=”tooltiptext”>Tooltip text</span>

</div>

I’m attaching a screenshot of the CSS code I placed into the Jevelin’s custom CSS area.

I’m assuming there is a div style from the theme that is overiding. But thank you for looking.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Please also use the below custom CSS code and it will work.

#page-container .tooltip {
        opacity: 1;
    }
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)