Disable Sticky Menu on Select Pages

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Disable Sticky Menu on Select Pages

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Disable Sticky Menu on Select Pages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • emailjohna
    Participant

I’ve searched around for the answer to this but haven’t found one.

I plan to use the sticky menu site wide, but need it disabled on a few special pages including the home page! For instance, the home page will only contain a slider with a transparent menu and bottom copyright bar. I can’t have the opaque sticky menu getting triggered and obscuring the slides. I’ve tried sizing the slider so there’s no page scroll which would be ideal, but for some reason haven’t been successful

So…

Is there a way to disable (or enable) the sticky menu on a per page basis? Either by settings, code added to the child theme or by using YellowPencil?

The same question applies for the “parallax footer” feature which was a selling point and perfect for my blog page. However, a problem arises. Since I am not using a footer elsewhere on the site, the copyright bar winds up being parallax and I can’t have the copyright bar obscured.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @emailjohna,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

Is there a way to disable (or enable) the sticky menu on a per page basis? Either by settings, code added to the child theme or by using YellowPencil?

We can achieve this developing custom CSS code so could you please share me the pages URLs from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

The same question applies for the “parallax footer” feature which was a selling point and perfect for my blog page. However, a problem arises. Since I am not using a footer elsewhere on the site, the copyright bar winds up being parallax and I can’t have the copyright bar obscured.

I can see how we can achieve this after accessing your site.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

emailjohna
    Participant

Here’s the development site

http://www.johnadesigns.com

I found a potential solution for the homepage by searching the web but I’m not sure where/how these adjustments can be made. The suggested fix was to add a 1px-3px buffer to the slider which would make for a perfect fit and would remove the side scroll bar. Sound possible?

You can see the desired effect I’m trying to achieve by checking out my current website homepage here:

https://www.soloway-designs.com

If that can’t be achieved, plan b is to fix the menu so the opaque sticky menu isn’t activated and doesn’t obscure the slides. We would rather have the fit and no scroll but this could be a decent workaround

I haven’t done much of anything with the blog page yet but the link is below. Again, I’d love to use the parallax footer for this page but don’t like the effect on those pages not using a footer.

http://www.johnadesigns.com/blog-6/

Many thanks!

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.home .sh-header.sh-sticky-header.sh-sticky-header-active {
        background: transparent !important;
    }

.home .sh-header .sh-nav > li.menu-item > a,
    .home .sh-header .sh-nav > li.menu-item > a > i {
        color: rgba(255,255,255,0.85)!important;
    }

The following CSS code hides scroll bar but on all pages.

html {
    overflow:hidden;
    }

To do this only on home page try using below CSS code and adjust height value.

#rev_slider_33_1_forcefullwidth,
    .home .rev_slider_wrapper {
        max-height: 580px !important;
    }

I haven’t done much of anything with the blog page yet but the link is below. Again, I’d love to use the parallax footer for this page but don’t like the effect on those pages not using a footer.

http://www.johnadesigns.com/blog-6/

I am not sure exactly what you want to achieve here what effect you are talking about so please tell me exactly how you want that page to display.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)