Disable Tags in frontend

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Disable Tags in frontend

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Disable Tags in frontend

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • unclewiffle
    Participant

I’ve just pushed our new site live using your template Jevlin.

The site looks great and your template has helped make that possible.

One thing I was curious if it was possible to disable the display of tags beneath blog posts? We don’t really use tags properly and it just adds to the overall indexation required for our site content by Google and others.

I’ve hunted the template settings and can’t find a simple way of doing this.

Other sites suggest disabling this using changes to the functions.php file but I don’t want to cause issues on updating the template.

Any help would be welcome as I am quite keen just to stick to categories as our taxonomy on the site and avoid the hundreds of tags that have been dropped all over the historic blog.

Thanks

Hi @unclewiffle,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can just hide it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

#page-container .sh-blog-tags {
        display: none;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

unclewiffle
    Participant

I did consider this. However this still technically makes those links crawleable/indexable by search engines, which is what we want to avoid really.

Is there no other way of disabling this functionality altogether?

You can remove it by using the attached custom child theme of Jevelin theme that contains some custom code.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)