Featured Image Hover shows black instead of transparent cyan color

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Featured Image Hover shows black instead of transparent cyan color

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Featured Image Hover shows black instead of transparent cyan color

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • lookatbowen
    Participant

I recall the first time I installed Jevelin theme that the Featured image would turn a transparent blue color when the mouse was hovered over it. I’ve searched high and low and changed multiple colors to try and bring back this transparent blue to no avail.

I am using Style 1 which shows the link and the show featured image icon.

1. Before.png – This is what my featured image post looks like before I hover my mouse over it. I see the image, all is good.
    2. After.png – When I hover my mouse over the featured image it goes black and I only see the link and image icon in white. I would like the black to be transparent cyan. How do I get that back?

If you want to bypass the slider revolution, go direct to http://www.lookatbowen.com/blog

Thanks, in advance.

Mike

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

billy
    Participant

Hey Mike,

I’ve found the cause of the issue. Attached below are some the rules which are causing this to happen. Someone keeps slipping in bogus !important; rules into the stylesheet for no reason. This was the same type of mistake causing the white mobile sticky header.

If you add CSS to your child theme, e.g.:

.sh-overlay-style1 {
        opacity: 0.5 !important;
        background-color: cyan !important;
    }

it should go back to normal.

Edit: This CSS is a start. Still not working properly.

Hope that helps,

Billy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

lookatbowen
    Participant

Thanks Billy,

That has fixed the problem, although I didn’t add it to my Child theme, I added it to the Customization section under additional CSS.

This is the code that sorted it out.

.sh-overlay-style1:hover {
    opacity: 0.5 !important;
    background-color: cyan !important;
    }

I guess I should look at the Child Theme next, if your code changes after every update… 😉

Thanks again for your help.

This can be assigned to RESOLVED.

Kind regards,

Mike

Awesome great to see you got that resolved.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

billy
    Participant

Hey Shufflehound,

Is this planned to be fixed? The background-color was set to the Accent Hover Color under Customise > Styling.  Being set to opaque and black by default is a very strange change.

This “fix” only works for certain elements. It doesn’t work for image galleries (opacity set to 1), and also applies the set opacity to the icon (which was previously opaque).

Thanks,

Billy

I have notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)