Footer Section not Displayed on Chrome/Edge(Chromium)

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Footer Section not Displayed on Chrome/Edge(Chromium)

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Footer Section not Displayed on Chrome/Edge(Chromium)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,
    I had not noticed until today but it looks like my footer section is not being displayed on Chrome/Edge on desktop browsers. I have cleared all cache in each browser and have also tested with Incognito mode, results are the same.
    I have disabled the footer function in the theme options and then re-enabled to test. I have checked in the Footer widget section and my custom footer content is still all there and is visible when looking in Appearance>Customising the Footer section, or looking at the Widget area under the footer widget.
    I tried to troubleshoot from older posts in shufflehound on the issue and attempted the CSS fix you have previously recommended (below) in the custom CSS option but without success.
    footer.sh-footer {
    opacity: 1 !important;
    }
    I have also checked on the main page that the last container does not have any excessive Margin/Padding settings that may overlay the footer section but there is nothing obvious there and the issue persists on all pages, not just the home page.
    The footer section is rendered correctly in IE and Firefox on Desktop and also Chrome Mobile on Android, so I’m really confused why Chrome

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

ftahumour
    Participant

Additional info supplied in private reply…

ftahumour
    Participant

On further investigation, I thought that either Jetpack or the SG Optimiser plugins had something to do with it, but after disabling them for over 24hrs the issue persists.

At this point I’m really confused. If I open the developer options (console) in the browser and load the page, the footer is rendered. If I close it then hit CTRL+F5 then the page renders without the footer. I’m seeing this across all browsers now and across multiple computers/browsers variations.

On mobile (Android Chrome) it displays the footer fine.

I attempted to add a new page ‘404-page’ which is now not rendering a simple Unison section background image added to the page, yet the image url and everything appears in the code and can be manually accessed on demand.

All other functions appear to be working as expected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @ftahumour,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I visited your website and tested it multiple times but the footer displays fine for me without any issue.

Please test it clearing your browser cache.

This can be a child theme issue used on your site so to confirm it just temporarily use the Jevelin theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your site child theme issue.

Also, this can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporarily deactivating all plugins except Unyson, Redux framework and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,

I have done all browser cache flushes, several times. The issue resided elsewhere.

on this occasion, the hosting provider Optimiser plugin (SG Optimiser) and possibly the connected Cloudflare CDN service was serving some page content incorrectly! However, this was causing a different problem, e.g. “added items to basket, get a success message that items are added, but when going to basket, the basket is empty”, along with various other page loading errors.

With the SG plugin disabled, the basket issue has been resolved.

The footer issue however persisted, until I disabled the “Paralax” loading in the backend options of the Theme. This behaviour may be due to the fact that pages are currently loading much slower on my website due to hosting/backend issues and the cache plugin which must be resolved first.

Thanks for the assistance anyway.

regards

George

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by ftahumour.

You are most welcome here 🙂

ftahumour
    Participant

For continuation on this one, I’m currently working to disable any caching ( Cloudflare CDN) service for my site as I’m still seeing some odd behaviour taking place and some 404 page loading errors of *.css elements on page load.

The outcome of these issues at present for example is that my WooCommerce “Header” basket option, works on desktop but does not work on mobile (Android 10 + Chrome), despite all time browser cache flushing. Tapping the basket button in the header on mobile on any page does not get registered as an action request, yet if I manage to get to the basket itself via an alt. link, then pressing the basket button in the header refreshes the basket page!

once necessary DNS changes have propagated to allow me to switch of the CF CDN proxy, I will be in a position to flush browser cache again and test to see if the remaining page load errors + issues browsing are negated.

ftahumour
    Participant

FYI only, below I’m quoting some additional feedback from the Hosting company support team during the troubleshooting steps, which may be useful for your future development roadmap as it implies that JS minification and render blocking Optimisation technologies are not supported with the Jevelin code at present.

“Prior to making any changes, I have inspected the website and the 404 errors for the combined files are still present which further indicates an alternative caching besides our plugin which saves the combined files.

(index):367 GET https://www.gkauthentic.com/wp-content/uploads/siteground-optimizer-assets/siteground-optimizer-combined-css-c6e898a1e0dc808dc7f8c95b99e91df7.css net::ERR_ABORTED 404After flushing the core WordPress application cache, the issue was no longer present.

Following that, I have activated the SG Optimizer and investigated the cart related issue. The issue seems to occur due to the theme’s JS files not being compatible with the JS combine feuture and additionally, the cart data refresh seems to require JS files which are detected as render-blocking to load initially before the first print.

In order to prevent the issue from occurring, I have turned off the Combine JavaScript Files feature and excluded the “woocommerce-free-shipping-bar” plugin’s JS from the Defer Render-blocking JS feuture. Once done, the items added to the cart were saving and processing normally.

Please clear your browser’s cache and cookies and re-test the website from your side as well.

Thank you for providing the detailed information that will help us to improve the theme.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)