gillion installation

Home Forums Gillion Theme gillion installation

Home Forums Gillion Theme gillion installation

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
  • xavier9191
    Participant

<h6>Hello!

I bought the Gillion theme yesterday and it’s all that I need to start my blog. However I already faced some issues when installing it:

1- WP bakery plugin can’t be found and has an API error so I had to download Elementor instead.

2- After installing and choosing my prefered template, the main menu appears as a long code

3- I’m confused on which program should I use to edit everything ( pencil, elementor, wp bakery, gillion settings,etc) I want it as in the demo and be able to just remove and re arrange some blocks.

4- I think there is only the main theme installed and can’t see a child theme. where can I find it?

That should be for now.

Thank you!</h6>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @xavier9191,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1- WP bakery plugin can’t be found and has an API error so I had to download Elementor instead.

I could confirm the issue on my test site, therefore, I notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

2- After installing and choosing my prefered template, the main menu appears as a long code

The menu displays correctly in your shared screenshot.

Could you please share your site URL where it’s happening so that I can troubleshoot it?

3- I’m confused on which program should I use to edit everything ( pencil, elementor, wp bakery, gillion settings,etc) I want it as in the demo and be able to just remove and re arrange some blocks.

It seems you have imported the demo created using the WpBakery page builder so please use the WpBakery page builder plugin to edit it.

4- I think there is only the main theme installed and can’t see a child theme. where can I find it?

It is mandatory to use the child theme but If you want to then you can create a child theme as described on the below pages.

https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2016/01/create-customize-wordpress-child-theme/

https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/advanced-topics/child-themes/

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-create-a-wordpress-child-theme-video/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

xavier9191
    Participant

Hello!

Thanks for the fast response.

1- I installed the new update and wp bakery didnt show up the API error and downloads perfectly. Thanks!

2- The menu doesn’t get displayed with the long code and it appears normal however I see something like “Home – carousel slider Home Gizmo news and the rest of the menu” ( I have attached a pic) if I click on home carousel slider it just loads a white page, maybe it has two menus interfering? same as the footer, I have some parts duplicated.

My site is under construction but I guess if I create a profile to give you access you could see the errors? let me know if you need it.

3- Now I can open wpbakery as normal so I will use that.

4- I see that the Gillion theme on the theme tab it doesnt say anything about child theme so I understand we have to create it as a child theme following the tutorials or you have one already made?

I’m sorry for being annoying but is my first time using wordpress and it’s quite confusing with all the options they give you ( I find Shopify, wix,etc way easier to customize haha) as a feedback, if you guys make some tutorials on how to customize the theme for noobs like me, I think you would sell more and save time solving questions like the ones I made. Your themes are GREAT! that’s why few tutorials would help a lot.

Let me know if you need anything in order to fix it : )

Have a great day!

Attachments:

2- The menu doesn’t get displayed with the long code and it appears normal however I see something like “Home – carousel slider Home Gizmo news and the rest of the menu” ( I have attached a pic) if I click on home carousel slider it just loads a white page, maybe it has two menus interfering? same as the footer, I have some parts duplicated.

My site is under construction but I guess if I create a profile to give you access you could see the errors? let me know if you need it.

If this is ok then could you please temporarily create an admin user account and share me the account login details privately by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able to see it)”?

4- I see that the Gillion theme on the theme tab it doesnt say anything about child theme so I understand we have to create it as a child theme following the tutorials or you have one already made?

Yes, you have to create the child theme.

xavier9191
    Participant

Perfect,

Is there any email of yours that i can use so I can create the temporary user?

Also, now I’m facing another issue, the main page is showing as a white page and no longer shows the theme landing page. ( I think menus are duplicated and that’s causing the issue) I tried to choose another template and same happens. Maybe I have done something wrong with the update?

I would like to have the website as the carousel slider template.

thanks!

xavier9191
    Participant

Fixed the blank page issue 🙂

I just need to know how to fix:

1- How can I do the mega menu tab as shown in the demo?
    2- How can I delete those duplicated sections in my footer menu ( from the last pic)
    3- Is it possible to make reviews with the score, pros and cons for two or multiple products in the same post? (for a comparison purpose)

That would be all, if you kindly still want to log in to check if you can fix it, please let me know the email adress so I can make you a temporary log in 🙂

Thank you!

xavier9191
    Participant

Number 2 has been fixed 🙂 ( I’ve found the settings)

1- How can I do the mega menu tab as shown in the demo?

You can use the mega menu as described in the below reply.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-this-type-of-menu/#post-62179

3- Is it possible to make reviews with the score, pros and cons for two or multiple products in the same post? (for a comparison purpose)

No, it is not possible and you can add it only for one post.

xavier9191
    Participant

<h4>1 – Managed to follow the instructions and the megamenu has been created succesfully , thank you!</h4>

3- Would it be possible to add it in a future update? would be nice to be able to compare few products with the widget that you have.

Thank you for the help provided. will contact again if i need something 🙂

3- Would it be possible to add it in a future update? would be nice to be able to compare few products with the widget that you have.

We will consider implementing it If we get more number of requests for the feature.

xavier9191
    Participant

That would be nice to include even if people dont ask, it’s something that will make this theme way better than it is.

I have another issue with the customization,  when I want to add post,carousel sliders,etc from your templates in wp bakery, seems like some dont get displayed as your template.

also,
    1-How can I make the borders round instead of sharp ( like the ones you make in your theme)
    2- How can I change the default blue color from the title?
    3- From the “trending articles widget” I can’t make it move closer to the main menu ( as your theme) if I try to put numbers on the padding,border or margin nothing moves.

See pics attached below

Thank you

Attachments:

I have another issue with the customization,  when I want to add post,carousel sliders,etc from your templates in wp bakery, seems like some dont get displayed as your template.

Could you please share the page URL from your site and also the page URL from the theme demo website where it is displaying so that I can troubleshoot it?

xavier9191
    Participant

Let me see if I do it properly, if not let me know which email do you have so I can create a temporary log in.

Thanks

My email id is [email protected]

xavier9191
    Participant

Alright I have created the account, (check private field)
    Let me know if it works

Thank you!

I visited your website but didn’t see undefined on it as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

For all other things, you can try achieving this using the Yellow Pencil editor as described on the below page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/how-to-change-almost-any-element/

Attachments:

xavier9191
    Participant

Alright will try the pencil and see if it works.

What about the other elements mentioned in the attached pictures ( move everything closer to the menu, round edges on the pictures, change title color, etc) or perhaps can be done with the pencil tool?

Thanks!

Yes, you can achieve that using the Yellow Pencil Editor.

xavier9191
    Participant

Perfect, some of the colors,shapes,etc can be changed easily with the pencil.

Still can’t get the templates to appear as the ones you have (category container) see picture attached.

Is it possible to have a look at that?

Thank you!

Attachments:

Still can’t get the templates to appear as the ones you have (category container) see picture attached.

You have to edit those categories and add images to them as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)