Google Maps API Key Set - but still not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Google Maps API Key Set – but still not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Google Maps API Key Set – but still not working

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • aaronharch
    Participant

I’ve created an app in the console and enabled the maps API.

Put the key into the suggested location Theme Settings > General > Google Maps Api Key.

I still get the error when trying to put an address into a maps widget

“This page can’t load Google Maps correctly.”

Hi @aaronharch,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that I can troubleshoot it?

Also please try using the solutions shared in the following topic.

https://support.shufflehound.com/forums/topic/google-map-element-doesnt-work-properly/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

aaronharch
    Participant

Thanks for the info.. that helped alot.

I have tried the other solutions and it didn’t work.

in WordPress admin in the console I see this error:
    js?v=3.30&libraries=places&language=en&key=:39 This service requires an API key. For more information on authentication and Google Maps JavaScript API services please see: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

Site page is this:
    http://stormwarden.cloud/mtec-roofing/contact-us/

Front end page console error is:

util.js:222 Google Maps JavaScript API warning: RetiredVersion https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#retired-version

Google’s description of that warning is on this site:
    https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#retired-version

I noticed on the NoAPIKeys Warning on that page it says:
    f you are loading Maps JavaScript API from the deprecated v2 path with an old v2 key, you will get the NoApiKeys warning, even if you specified the key parameter. Please check the v2 to v3 upgrade guide and migrate your application to Maps JavaScript API v3.

This is pretty much what is happening.

And in the source code of that page there appears to be two js includes (lines 1975 and 1976).  One from googleapis which references version 3.3 of the API and one from the theme which is version 2.7.19

<script type=’text/javascript’ src=’https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.30&language=en&libraries=places&key=AIzaSyBldGmCaHXdYxOgjlHiwnEMV0EzD3Vt5iU&ver=3.30′></script&gt;

<script type=’text/javascript’ src=’https://assets.stormwarden.cloud/mtec-roofing/wp-content/themes/jevelin/framework-customizations/extensions/shortcodes/shortcodes/google-maps/static/js/scripts.js?ver=2.7.19′></script&gt;

Somehow we have a js library conflict and as the version 2 js include is loaded last we’re seeing that issue.

That’s what I think is causing the issue…. thoughts?

aaronharch
    Participant

FYI – don’t get confused by the js location assets.stormwarden.cloud

this is just a CDN that pulls the files direct from stormwarden.cloud meaning that js file is coming from the jevelin theme install.

I can see the map on your shared site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Do you get an error in the site admin area?

If yes then would you mind if I log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able to see it.”?

Also please tell me which address you want to set there.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

aaronharch
    Participant

Yeah – alert is in the admin area when you try and set the address on the map.

password info in the private information field.

site is not yet live so no issues with you applying settings – just let me know what changes if you do anything.

Cheers

Aaron.

Thank you for sharing the site credentials.

I edited the Google map added in the contact us page of your site but still didn’t see any issue as shown in the attached screenshots.

Please advise.

Attachments:

aaronharch
    Participant

Hi,

when I edit or add a location I get the error as shown in the screenshot attached.

I cannot get london to work when I log in.

regards

Aaron.

Attachments:

aaronharch
    Participant

FYI – when I use the location as London I see the error.

This is logged in as the user I gave you in the private information field so I don’t understand how you managed to get ‘London’ to work.

cheers

Aaron.

Attachments:

If it doesn’t work for you then could you please click on the “Can not find the location?” link and add address there as shown in the attached screenshots?

Attachments:

aaronharch
    Participant

All that does is add a caption to the wrong location.  It does not effect the location of the map pin at all.

Attachments:

Please make sure you have enabled following two APIs in Google API settings.

• Geocoding API
    • Maps JavaScript API

I have tested it on my test site and it is working fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please make sure you are using latest versions of theme and plugins.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any or use following plugin to check it.

Attachments:

Richard_gva
    Participant

Dear Shufflehound team,

First of all, thank’s for the great theme. I’m having the exact same issue as aaronhech above. The map displays on the website, but can’t change the location on the admin page (same error message as above). Already tried to activate all API elements for maps but nothing changed. Any idea ?

aaronharch
    Participant

Hi Team,

confirmed I have the following API’s enabled in the console.

• Geocoding API
    • Maps JavaScript API
    • And a bunch of other Maps related ones.

Jevelin theme is at version 3.2.1 and only have WPBakery and Unyson enabled and also at latest available level.

Problem still persists. 🙁

Solution for this topic

@aaronharch I added Google Maps API key in the Google Maps content element option as shown in the attached screenshot and it started working fine.

Could you please confirm it?

Attachments:

@Richard_gva Please try using the solution shared in the above reply?

If the issue still persists for you then to help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

aaronharch
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Hi Support,

confirmed as working.  This is with the API key set in the theme settings then it pulls through to the content object in the field as shown in the screenshot above.

Thanks for persisting with the issue.

Cheers

Aaron.

Glad it is working fine for you now 🙂

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)