HELP! Home Page Content Just disappeared

Home Forums Jevelin Theme HELP! Home Page Content Just disappeared

Home Forums Jevelin Theme HELP! Home Page Content Just disappeared

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Nerina Mills
    Participant

Hello there,

I just made a small change to my home page content. I added a new subheading to one of the elements and clicked update. However, now my entire homepage content has disappeared! I tried restoring my previous version of the page but still, no content is there. Please help! I don’t know what happened???

Below is the current (empty) home page

All of the revision history is available and I can see the changes there. However, it does not show up when I revise it.

The only change I made to the website today was to update the Yellow Pencil Plugin.

Nerina Mills
    Participant

I have not updated to the latest version of your theme – could that be the problem?

Hi @Nerina,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Please make sure you are using latest version of plugins and theme on your site.

Then please clear the W3 Total Cache that you are using on your site.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Nerina Mills
    Participant

Hi there,

I have done everything that you suggested and updated to the latest updates. However, the Unyson page builder is still not working and I can not see any of my content on the back-end. I can now see the content on the front-end, however, it is formatted incorrectly.

Could you assist?

Nerina Mills
    Participant

Here is a screenshot of what the backend looks like with the visual page editor active and then not active.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able see it.”?

Nerina Mills
    Participant

Hi there,

Of course, I don’t mind – any help is really appreciated!

Details added below for you.

I logged in to your site and saw due to something the page content is corrupted so please either try restoring old revision or recreate the page.

Nerina Mills
    Participant

Hi there,

Restoring an old revision does nothing as the page builder still is not working? I can see the revision code on the backend but it does not reflect when I try to restore it.

I do not want to recreate the page before the issue is resolved as I would hate this to happen again.

I have the same problem on my other pages that I created with Unyson page builder – I have tried to reach out to the developers of the plugin, however, have not received a response. It seems there are others that have similar problems to mine.

Please if you have any advice or guidance, please let me know.

If I do need to rebuild the page, how do I get the demo content to show again? I built the home page around some of the demo content design in the construction theme

Restoring an old revision does nothing as the page builder still is not working? I can see the revision code on the backend but it does not reflect when I try to restore it.

I do not want to recreate the page before the issue is resolved as I would hate this to happen again.

I am not sure why this happened for you just adding the subheading to one of the elements and clicked update.

Could you please create a test page and try doing the same thing to check whether the issue reproduce again or it is temporary page corruption issue?

I have the same problem on my other pages that I created with Unyson page builder

Is the issue reproducible again?

If yes then please tell me how to reproduce it so that I can reproduce and troubleshoot it again?

If I do need to rebuild the page, how do I get the demo content to show again?

Just import the Demo content again from Appearance -> Import Demo Data

Nerina Mills
    Participant

Hi there,

I can not reproduce the error. So it seems that the Unyson page builder is now working on all the pages except the Home page. I still do not understand why the content broke? I did nothing other than update the page. If you have any insight into this, I would really appreciate it as I would not like it to happen again.

Then, I have tried to reimport the demo content to start again. However, the homepage is still broken even with the demo content in. What do I do? DO I delete everything? Then begin again?

Please assist, I am on a deadline and this has caused a massive disruption for me.

I can not reproduce the error. So it seems that the Unyson page builder is now working on all the pages except the Home page. I still do not understand why the content broke? I did nothing other than update the page. If you have any insight into this, I would really appreciate it as I would not like it to happen again.

This is an unique issue that we never faced before so don’t know why this happened. All the plugins used on your site are generally used on other users site except WPML plugin so may be this happened due to conflict between WPML and Unyson plugins but not sure.

You can just go ahead and take backup of your site regularly and frequently so that in the future if anything goes wrong then you can restore it.

Then, I have tried to reimport the demo content to start again. However, the homepage is still broken even with the demo content in. What do I do? DO I delete everything? Then begin again?

Just delete home page completely from Trash also and then reimport the demo content.

Nerina Mills
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Hi there,

My problem was with an incompatibility with the WPML plugin and Unyson. Reached out to the plugin support and all is fixed now 🙂

Just to update you

Awesome great to see you got that found and thank you for updating here.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)