How to change text size in header?

Home Forums Jevelin Theme How to change text size in header?

Home Forums Jevelin Theme How to change text size in header?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • cagross
    Participant

Hello. I have added header text via Theme Options–>Header–>Logo Title Name. I was able to change the font family using via Theme Options–>Styling–>headings. But what is the proper way to increase the font-size?

Thanks.

Hi @cagross,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

If you want to increase the font size of headings then what you did is a proper way.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

cagross
    Participant

Sorry, I think you are misunderstanding. I have not taken any steps to modify the font size. Can you please tell me how to do so?

If you want to change Headings font size then you can do so from Theme Options–>Styling–>headings

If you want to change Logo Title Name font size then there could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that I can help you to achieve it?

cagross
    Participant

>> If you want to change Headings font size then you can do so from Theme Options–>Styling–>headings

I understand how to change the font size for all header elements, e.g. <h1>, <h2>, <h3>, etc. But this particular text is not inside any of those elements–it is simply inside a <div> element (see attached screenshot). Do you know how to change that text size?

>> If you want to change Logo Title Name font size then there could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that I can help you to achieve it?

OK let me know if you still need this and I’ll get you a login.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

OK let me know if you still need this and I’ll get you a login.

Yes, I need it.

cagross
    Participant

OK I can get it to you. But to be clear, what exactly are you going to do? If all you will do is add custom CSS to increase the font size, I can (and prefer) to do that myself. But if you need to investigate my page a bit more before suggesting a solution, then I can get you a login. Let me know on that.

cagross
    Participant

Also, is there a way in Theme Options to allow me to change the font family of *only* the text in the header. If I change the font family in Theme Options–>Styling–>Headings–>Headings, it does indeed change the font family of the header text. But it also changes the font family in my testimonials section, which is undesirable (see attached screenshot). Does Theme Options give me a method of changing the font family of the header text only? Or does it require a custom CSS solution?

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

OK I can get it to you. But to be clear, what exactly are you going to do? If all you will do is add custom CSS to increase the font size, I can (and prefer) to do that myself. But if you need to investigate my page a bit more before suggesting a solution, then I can get you a login. Let me know on that.

I will give you custom CSS code to increase its size.

Also, is there a way in Theme Options to allow me to change the font family of *only* the text in the header. If I change the font family in Theme Options–>Styling–>Headings–>Headings, it does indeed change the font family of the header text. But it also changes the font family in my testimonials section, which is undesirable (see attached screenshot). Does Theme Options give me a method of changing the font family of the header text only? Or does it require a custom CSS solution?

There isn’t any theme options to selectively change font family of headings.

You can change it either developing custom CSS code or using

Yellow Pencil editor as described in the below page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/how-to-change-almost-any-element/

cagross
    Participant

OK thanks. All I wanted was for you to confirm there was no Theme Option that I was missing. It sounds like there are no theme options to do what I want, so I will implement custom CSS on my own.

As an aside, if I don’t use the Yellow Pencil plugin, is it safe to deactivate it and remove it? Or will the theme fail to function in certain places if I do so?

Actually, if I want to target just the header text, what would be the best selector to use? Is it possible to add my own custom class to this element, to make it easy to select with CSS?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by cagross.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by cagross.

As an aside, if I don’t use the Yellow Pencil plugin, is it safe to deactivate it and remove it? Or will the theme fail to function in certain places if I do so?

Yes, you can deactivate Yellow Pencil plugin and it won’t have any effect on the functionality of the theme.

Actually, if I want to target just the header text, what would be the best selector to use? Is it possible to add my own custom class to this element, to make it easy to select with CSS?

Yes you can do whatever you want to but you have to develop custom code to achieve this.

cagross
    Participant

> yes, you can deactivate Yellow Pencil plugin and it won’t have any effect on the functionality of the theme.

Great thanks for confirming.

> Yes you can do whatever you want to but you have to develop custom code to achieve this.

No that’s not what I’m asking.  I’m asking, if you were to add custom CSS to change the text in the header, what selector would you use?

Solution for this topic

I can use the CSS selector #header-logo-title .header-logo-title-alignment as displayed below.

#header-logo-title .header-logo-title-alignment {
        font-size: 18px;
    }

cagross
    Participant

OK thanks very much, I’ll do that. We can consider this resolved.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)