Issue with search and widgets

Home Forums Gillion Theme Issue with search and widgets

Home Forums Gillion Theme Issue with search and widgets

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • dvdrie
    Participant

The search sometimes work and sometimes does not.

When it does not the URL will display a #.

…and

The shufflehound widgets About us and image, do not allow me to upload an image at all. Sometimes I’m able to select an image from the media, but it will not save.

Using the latest worpress and latest template, just downloaded/installed yesterday.

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by dvdrie.

dvdrie
    Participant

WP DEBUG for the About Us widget:

<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: social_custom in <b>/var/www/vhosts/swingsense.com/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/widgets/about-us/views/widget.php</b> on line <b>75</b>

<b>Warning</b>: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/var/www/vhosts/swingsense.com/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/widgets/about-us/views/widget.php</b> on line <b>75</b>

dvdrie
    Participant

The standard WP widgets like image are working fine.

Hi @dvdrie,

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having.

Could you please share your site URL where it’s happening so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

dvdrie
    Participant

I sent you the info in the private info field. Did you receive it?

Thanks.

No, I didn’t receive it.

Did you see the sent private information on this topic as it also displays to you?

Could you please share it again here and also send it on [email protected]

dvdrie
    Participant

Added the private info to this post. Please check if you have received.

Yes, I have received it.

I have tested it many times on your shared website but the search works fine for me without any issue.

Please test it clearing your browser cache and do not click on the search icon until your whole website finishes loading.

dvdrie
    Participant

I tested with many browsers (ie, ff, chrome, opera, including mobile saf, chrome), also from different blog posts/pages. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I will try the browser cache and keep an eye on the page load and report back.

Any luck with the widgets? Try adding the About us to the blog right panel and upload/select an image. Same for the shuffle image widget.

Thanks!

dvdrie
    Participant

(no issues with the search on the right panel btw. It’s just the mag glass on the top header left.

Any luck with the widgets? Try adding the About us to the blog right panel and upload/select an image. Same for the shuffle image widget.

I could confirm the issue on your website but it’s working fine on my website.

Are you using the multisite?

Could you please tell me why the theme settings menu is not displaying on your website as shown in the attached screenshot?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dvdrie
    Participant

I have no idea. Mine is your gillion menu. See attached.

All I did is install a fresh copy of wordpress and installed your template.

I did not make any code modifications. Maybe a security setting?

Attachments:

dvdrie
    Participant

Not using multisite. All default.

I could confirm the issue on my test site that it does not work initially until we save the widget options and reload the page, therefore, I notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

dvdrie
    Participant

Any idea when we can expect a fix? Really would like to continue configuring the site in order to go live.

I don’t have an exact ETA but I have asked the developer to fix it soon.

dvdrie
    Participant

Update 3.8 fixes the broken widgets, but it breaks all blog posts.

dvdrie
    Participant

It is something related to Elementor & theme settings boxed / full width settings.

It can be correct by setting every single element in elementor on a blog post to full width manually, but this is not really a solution. Something between elementor and the template setting is not right.

dvdrie
    Participant

See screenshot

Attachments:

Could you please share the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that I can troubleshoot it?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)