Jevelin Theme v4.5.7 Backorder Cart BUG!

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Jevelin Theme v4.5.7 Backorder Cart BUG!

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Jevelin Theme v4.5.7 Backorder Cart BUG!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,

I have an issue with Jevelin theme 4.5.7 with the Cart where it appears that the backorder code has a bug in it. This manifest itself as an error whenever the cart quantity for a product exceeds the available quantity in stock for that product. In that scenario the cart fails to function and the page returns a long string for a PHP error.

I have asked a friend of mine to investigate this issue and he has spotted an error in the code, he has fixed my current instance but this issue is likely to return with the next theme update if not addressed.  This is clearly a bug and needs to be addressed with the next theme update release!

// Backorder notification.
    if ( $_product->backorders_require_notification() && $_product->is_on_backorder( $cart_item[‘quantity’] ) ) {
    echo ‘<p class=”backorder_notification”>’ . esc_htmlesc_html__( ‘Available on backorder’, ‘jevelin’ ) . ‘</p>’;
    }

There are double “esc_html” in the code. So unprofessional. This is not even an error in the real sense it’s just bad semantics.

I no longer have valid support so cannot raise a support case in this matter, but I shouldn’t have to regarding this issue! I paid for a functioning theme and paid for extended support once already, but this issue is coding related and has no relevance to the end user other than raising the issue with the developer.

Regards

Georgi

Hi Georgi,

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having.

Could you please tell me exactly in which theme file you have found that code?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

ftahumour
    Participant

Hello,

I’m sorry I cant provide you with that information unfortunately.  I paid someone to have a look and find the problem and fix it for me, the person involved only stated that its a PHP error in the code (not in the child theme which I’m running).

He may be able to advise of the file concerned but I may incur additional charges and I don’t feel that it is my responsibility to pay for establishing development bugs/errors on your behalf. I would have thought that you can trace this down given that the whole backorder code/logic has been provided for you.

Regards

Georgi

Solution for this topic

Thank you for reporting the issue.

We have found it in the below theme file on line number 88.

/jevelin/woocommerce/cart/cart.php

The issue will be fixed in the next version of the theme.

ftahumour
    Participant

Great! Thanks.

You are most welcome here 🙂

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)