Linking to specific category in portfolio

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Linking to specific category in portfolio

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Linking to specific category in portfolio

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • breadcrumbsweb
    Participant

Hello, I’m trying to set an image or button to link to a portfolio with a specific category already selected.  Ideally, I would like the other categories to be listed, but for the portfolio to only show those images for a specific category.  Is this possible?

Thank.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @breadcrumbsweb,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Sorry but i am not not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve so could you please describe it a bit more in detail by sharing the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

breadcrumbsweb
    Participant

Hello and thank you for the response.  I will attempt to explain my question in more detail.

I would like to have a button on my home page that will link to my portfolio page, but show a specific category with the other categories still available to click.  For example, the below url is for my portfolio page.  I would like the link from the home page to open this page with the Government (category) highlighted and only the Government projects showing.  Ideally, the user could then click on the other available categories to view other projects.

http://mzu.2d8.myftpupload.com/portfolio/

Thanks.

To achieve this we have to develop custom code.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and develop the custom code for you? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able see it.”?

breadcrumbsweb
    Participant

Yes, please do log in and provide the code for me.  I have shared the site and log in information privately.  If you scroll down on the home page to the Recent Projects section with the 6 images.  The first image is for Commercial.  When you click the picture, this takes you to the Portfolio, but limited to the Commercial Category.  This is close to what we want, however, we would prefer to have all of the categories listed, but with the Commercial category selected.  That way, the user can easily click on another category without leaving this page.  I hope that makes sense.  Thanks so much.

Eric

Solution for this topic

I logged in to your site and made it work using the attached small plugin specially developed for you that contains some custom code.

Now you can access the tabs directly by visiting URLs following.

http://mzu.2d8.myftpupload.com/portfolio/?category=government

http://mzu.2d8.myftpupload.com/portfolio/?category=restoration

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

breadcrumbsweb
    Participant

This worked perfectly.  Thank you very much.

Eric

You are most welcome here 🙂

zsolt67
    Participant

I would like to do exactly same as breadcrumbsweb. Can I use the same plugin? Would be good to implement this feature in the theme.

zsolt67
    Participant

I installed but doesnt work maybe related with my other problem, category page broken

@zsolt67 We will implement this feature in the future version of theme.

If the above shared solution doesn’t work for you then could you please create a separate topic for your question referring this topic so that I can help you?

zsolt67
    Participant

I have nginx server on the hosting. My service provider changed the setting and working now. I hope this wont cause problem later with the template I mean the nginx server.

@zsolt67 Glad it is working fine for you after changing hosting server settings.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)