Mega menu with "hide" column not working on mobile

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Mega menu with "hide" column not working on mobile

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Mega menu with "hide" column not working on mobile

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
  • jkloptosky
    Participant

When using a mega menu with “Hide” selected on the columns, the menu is broken on mobile. The rows are empty and there is no down arrow to display the sub-menu items.

See attached. The industries menu has 4 columns with hidden title, and each column contains 3 or 4 items. These are inaccessible on mobile.

This is a priority issue for us.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @jkloptosky,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Please make sure you are using below latest version of theme and latest version of Unyson plugin.

Please login to access this file

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

jkloptosky
    Participant

I was on Jevelin 2.7.1, but I downloaded and reinstalled the beta you provided. Unyson appears to be on version 2.7.11. See private field for URL. The menu works well in full desktop browser, but exhibits the issue I describe when viewing on a mobile device as well as desktop Safari’s responsive design mode.

Many thanks!

You can resolve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-nav-mobile li.open ul.sub-menu {
        display: block !important;
    }

jkloptosky
    Participant

Thanks. That does cause the menu in question to open. However, two problematic consequences:

1. There’s a jittery effect when clicking the arrow to expand a menu
    2. Once open, clicking the again no longer closes the menu

I’ve added the code to the URL I provided previously so that you can test directly.

I could confirm the issue on your site but couldn’t reproduce it on my test site so would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will bee able see it.”?

jkloptosky
    Participant

Sure, see private info.

I logged in to your site and troubleshooted the issue but still couldn’t reproduce it on my test site.

Have you made any changes in the theme files?

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

jkloptosky
    Participant

I haven’t made any changes to the theme files. This is all very early stage implementation… i.e. get the template going and start getting a page in place.

All plugins are currently deactivated. You’ll see that all menus are exhibiting this same problematic behavior.

After troubleshooting i could reproduce the issue which only occurs when we hide mega menu column as shown in the attached screenshot.

Therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

In the meanwhile you have to not hide the column or display first sub menu item as column without hiding it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

jkloptosky
    Participant

Can I have an update on this issue? It’s somewhat of a blocker in rolling out the new site. The nature of this particular menu content doesn’t lend itself to coming up with column labels.

In the following latest version of theme we have removed this Mega menu column hide option, because it is hard to fix as it comes from Unyson plugin and causes multiple issues.

jkloptosky
    Participant

I want to express my frustration in this response. I had moved forward with setup up the theme with the expectation that this would be resolved.

The mega menu to begin with is rather limited in features/function when compared with other mega menu implementations you see out there (e.g. simple lists of stuff, even-width column structure, etc.). And anything I attempt to do via the HTML fields & CSS to make it more flexible runs the risk of a) causing conflict with mobile function (which is also a little cumbersome from a UX standpoint); and b) incompatibility with future updates.

I feel like the mega menu should be gaining features rather than losing them.

Mega menu is a extension of Unyson plugin and the theme only uses Unyson plugin builtin functionality.

If you think Unyson plugin Mega menu extension is limited in functionality then you can disable it and instead use any of the following Mega menu plugins.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/megamenu/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-megamenu/

https://codecanyon.net/item/wp-mega-menu-pro-responsive-mega-menu-plugin-for-wordpress/19190840

https://codecanyon.net/item/ubermenu-wordpress-mega-menu-plugin/154703

dirkvang
    Participant

Hi, in this post the first suggestion is https://wordpress.org/plugins/megamenu/. However, this doesn’t work on Gillion for mobile pages. Can this please be supported since this is the main Mega Menu plugin now?

dirkvang
    Participant

For Gillion, got it to work through support from Max Mega Menu. Paste below in Mega Menu > Menu Themes > Custom styling:

body.mega-menu-header header.primary-mobile {
      display: none !important;
    }
    body.mega-menu-header header.primary-desktop {
      display: block !important;
    }
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by dirkvang.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)