Missing Images after Re-Installing Database & Jevelin Theme

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Missing Images after Re-Installing Database & Jevelin Theme

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Missing Images after Re-Installing Database & Jevelin Theme

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Laura Boyd
    Participant

Hi,

At present I am hosting my website locally via Mamp.

Mamp faltered and ‘MySQL’ would not light up.

So… basically, I had to reset and restore everything including my database. Eventually, I now have my site all up and running except all images that came with Jevelin are missing and my own uploads are missing too.

Under media section, the squares (thumbnails) are present & the files tags & details are present too but with no image content. Just a blank space.

Can you help?

p.s. Also Yellow Pencil that came with this template is not installed either.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

It seems this is happening because you have images reference in the database but the actual images do not exist in the WordPress uploads directory.

You can see whether this is theme specific issue or not by temporary activating any default WordPress theme like Twenty Seventeen and then see whether the images display.

If it is not theme specific issue then please install the demo content again to import the images.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Laura Boyd
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I deactivated my Jevelin theme & activated Twenty Seventeen as per instructed, and there seems to be no images in media library but its theme home screen does have a picture etc.

So as you advised I re-installed the demo content again to import the images making sure I had a back up of the progress made already to my website. Obviously, all demo images in media library are now available.

But after re-installing demo content however I still need to install the backup of my website and thus now there are no theme images are available again.

What do I need to do?

Solution for this topic

It seems some action on your site has corrupted the images so now you have to either import the demo content and edit or just add the images again one by one to your existing site content.

Laura Boyd
    Participant

HI,

Ok fair enough. I don’t mind uploading my own images again, however does that mean I have no way of gaining access to the jevelin – basic images without re-installing demo and starting from scratch?

Would it be possible for you to send some of the images across? From memory it was the social media images and a few other images i needed.

You can just create a test WordPress site and import the demo content in it then you can get images from this site.

Alternatively you can download any image from demo site using any of the following solutions.

http://saveallimages.com/

https://www.wikihow.com/Download-Pictures-from-a-Website

http://www.duluth.umn.edu/~hrallis/guides/SampleImages/SampleImagesGuide.html

https://css-tricks.com/how-to-steal-a-websites-background-image/

Laura Boyd
    Participant

Hi,

unfortunately those links and tips are not working for the required images I need for my site. The first link only allows so many images to be downloaded, which doesn’t include the ones I require and the traditional ways I often use that you alluded to do not work either.

It’s the 3 social media images (at the bottom of your ‘basic/classic’ demo home page) I require – (see image attached).

Is it at all possible to upload them here for me to download? That would be really appreciated.

Regards

Laura

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Laura Boyd
    Participant

Thank you very much for your help that’s great!!!

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)