Navigation Menu has Active Links by default

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Navigation Menu has Active Links by default

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Navigation Menu has Active Links by default

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • wkolari
    Participant

I noticed that my header navigation menu items did not work when my website was navigated to the Portfolio or Shop pages. So, I changed the URL link of my menu items to their absolute path (EX: #aboutus is now http://mywebsite.com/#aboutus).

After making this change for each of my menu items, I noticed that the links display as “active” by default. I have changed the Active Navigation Color in the Theme Settings so that it matches the grey inactive color for the rest of the theme. By doing this, I lose the functionality where mousing over a navigation menu item changes its color (EX: since my Store page is not a custom link, it still functions correctly. All the other custom links are “active” by default, and don’t change color on mouse-over).

How can I remedy this issue so that mousing over my header navigation menu items changes their color? If I should not use absolute paths for the custom links on my menu items, how should I set up the menu items so they navigate to their respective ‘#’ places from pages like Portfolio or Shop/Store (EX: #aboutus)?

Thanks,

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Solution for this topic

Hi @wkolari,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can resolve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-header .sh-nav > li.menu-item:hover:not(.sh-nav-social) > a{
        color: rgba(232,27,27,0.8) !important;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

wkolari
    Participant

Thank you for your quick reply! That worked wonderfully :).

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)