Only showing message excerpt for products in Woocommerce cart

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Only showing message excerpt for products in Woocommerce cart

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Only showing message excerpt for products in Woocommerce cart

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • MagicMarissa72
    Participant

Hi there,

I really love this theme!

My woocommerce shop involves customers writing messages in text areas with ‘product’ orders, some of them up to 4000 characters in length. At the moment when the product is added to the cart the entire text input field is displayed and spills over onto other content from the cart widget, and on the cart page itself, means a lot of scrolling down to get to the purchase button. (Please see the attached screenshot)

I would like to limit the display for the text area product field in the cart to be an excerpt only (up to 80 characters)

Are you please able to hep with some custom code to do this. (I’m a UX person not a developer)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @MagicMarissa72,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

MagicMarissa72
    Participant

Hi there,

The issue is for the shopping cart across the site for logged-in users – when they add a product to the cart, the message they’ve written in the text area field for that product is displayed in full in the cart (rather than a small excerpt).

You will need the following test account log in information to lgin so you can see the product pages to replicate.

url: https://www.talkingtostrangersproject.org/login/

username: PeanutTest

password: Crumpet2018

then go to the product store here: https://talkingtostrangersproject.org/mail-room/

Many thanks

marissa

Please don’t share sensitive information on the forum as this is public forum so the information shared can be misused by others.

Please change the shared credentials ASAP.

If you want to share anything privately then you can do so by adding them in the box having text “Enter your private content here (only you and forum moderators will be able see it)”.

That text option is provided by the yith-woocommerce-advanced-product-options-premium plugin that you are using on your site so please contact the plugin support to resolve it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)