Page title / breadcrumbs shows on 404 page (when it's not supposed to)

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Page title / breadcrumbs shows on 404 page (when it's not supposed to)

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Page title / breadcrumbs shows on 404 page (when it's not supposed to)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • dalkat
    Participant

Hi,

I have created a custom 404 page (https://www.presently.fun/404-2/) that has a custom header selected and title/breadcrumbs disabled (from the settings at the bottom of the edit page). But, when the 404 is activated by a bad url (for example https://www.presently.fun/23jh3749) the wrong header shows up and the breadcrumbs/title are re-enabled. Why is that? I also tried editing it from the Jevelins customize settings dashboard and there isn’t an option to change any of that.

Solution for this topic

Hi @dalkat,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please tell me how you have created the custom 404 page?

I can see the header is displaying fine on the 404 page as shown in the attached screenshot.

You can hide titlebar on it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.error404 .sh-titlebar{
        display: none;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dalkat
    Participant

Thank you!

To answer how I made the page: I made a page for the 404 and from the jevelin customize settings I set that page as the default 404 page.

I used the CSS you provided and it works fine, BUT i would have liked for that to be a setting under the customize tab. Too much custom css feels messy.

Sure, we will consider being implemented the option in the theme settings to disable titlebar on the 404 page.

dalkat
    Participant

great! we can mark this complete 🙂 thank you!

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)