parallax video

Home Forums Jevelin Theme parallax video

Home Forums Jevelin Theme parallax video

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
  • stephaneperrin
    Participant

The parallax video was working fine for us. But since we updated to the latest version, it does not work anymore. I had to remove all the parallax video blocks we had at http://www.patriciacreativecakes.com because there were some blank gap appearing everywhere due to the missing videos.

Hi @stephaneperrin,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

Could you please create a test page to reproduce the issue and share me the URL of where it is not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

stephaneperrin
    Participant

I have added the parallax video at the bottom of this page: https://www.patriciacreativecakes.com/disclaimer/

As you can see there is only a white space and the video is not showing.

It seems that the code for this section is:

<section class=”sh-section sh-section-7f193dd54f5530b8b888fa645085fcc0 fw-main-row sh-section-visibility-everywhere” data-jarallax-video=”https://player.vimeo.com/video/258697492″><script type=”text/javascript”>
    jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

if( $(window).width() >= 800 ) {
    $(‘.sh-section-7f193dd54f5530b8b888fa645085fcc0’).jarallax({
    speed: 0.2
    });
    }

});
    </script>
    <div class=”sh-section-container container-fluid section-justify-height sh-section-mobile-alignment-center”></div>
    </section>

I can see the javascript error message is displaying on the shared page causing this issue as shown in the attached screenshot.

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

stephaneperrin
    Participant

I have desactivated all plugins, I only kept active unyson.

The result was still the same. None of the plugins are responsible for this error.

The error comes from this script which seems to be part of the template:

<script type=”text/javascript”>
    if (document.documentElement.clientWidth > 1020) {
    var header_height = document.getElementsByClassName(‘primary-desktop’)[0].clientHeight;
    document.getElementsByClassName(“sh-titlebar”)[0].style.paddingBottom = header_height +’px’;
    } else {
    var header_height = document.getElementsByClassName(‘sh-header-mobile-navigation’)[0].clientHeight;
    document.getElementsByClassName(“sh-titlebar”)[0].style.paddingBottom = header_height +’px’;
    }
    </script>

stephaneperrin
    Participant

And I don’t think that it is this error causing the fact that the parallax video does not load because this error is on ALL pages since it is part of the template itself.

stephaneperrin
    Participant

this error comes from \inc\templates\title_bar.php

<script type=”text/javascript”>
    <?php if( $titlebar_style_val2 != ‘bottom_titlebar’ ) : ?>
    var header_height = document.getElementsByClassName(‘primary-desktop’)[0].clientHeight;
    document.getElementsByClassName(“sh-titlebar”)[0].style.paddingTop = header_height +’px’;
    } else {
    var header_height = document.getElementsByClassName(‘sh-header-mobile-navigation’)[0].clientHeight;
    document.getElementsByClassName(“sh-titlebar”)[0].style.paddingTop = header_height +’px’;
    }
    <?php else : ?>
    } else {
    }
    <?php endif; ?>
    </script>

I don’t get that error on my test site using latest version of Jevelin theme therefore there must be something unique on your site causing this issue.

Please try deleting and reinstalling Jevelin theme.

Also this can be child theme issue on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Jevelin theme instead of child theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your child theme issue.

stephaneperrin
    Participant

Even when I am not using the child template, the error is still there.

The file at \inc\templates\title_bar.php is anyway not in the child theme.

Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able see it.”?

fillinthe
    Participant

I am not seeing any video either. I don’t see any errors in the console either. Using youtube or vimeo.

stephaneperrin
    Participant

I am glad to see that I am not the only one…

@fillinthe Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Also Would you mind if i log in to your site and do some troubleshooting? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by adding them in the box having text “Click here to share private content. Only you and forum moderators will be able see it.”?

stephaneperrin
    Participant

How can you expect from a reputable company to give full access to unknown individuals? That sounds just crazy to me…

How can you expect from a reputable company to give full access to unknown individuals? That sounds just crazy to me…

The site of reputable company does have development or test site which is replica of actual site but developed fro private use to test any updates or enhancement before publishing it on actual site.

In this case  development or test site access will be sufficient to troubleshoot the issue.

stephaneperrin
    Participant

we have. i told you that already that everything is tested on https://portfolio.patriciacreativecakes.com and the production site is www.

we don’t need you to teach us the best practices. thank you

try to spend you time to serve correct template without bugs and not treat your clients with bullshit. that would be better

fillinthe
    Participant

Hi support!

Please email me at the address in the private comment and I will get you the access you need.

stephaneperrin,

You catch more bees with honey than vinegar. We will get it fixed and deliver the results to you.

@stephaneperrin

we have. i told you that already that everything is tested on https://portfolio.patriciacreativecakes.com and the production site is www.

Sorry it seems I missed it but could you please tell me where you have told me about this?

we don’t need you to teach us the best practices. thank you

try to spend you time to serve correct template without bugs and not treat your clients with bullshit. that would be better

Sorry to hear that you took it wrong way but I just wanted to request you to provide me your test or development site access if possible so that I can troubleshoot the issue as I am not able to reproduce it on my test site.

@fillinthe   Thank you for cooperating us to troubleshoot the issue.

Our email address is [email protected]

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)