PHP 7.2 create_function() deprecation

Home Forums Jevelin Theme PHP 7.2 create_function() deprecation

Home Forums Jevelin Theme PHP 7.2 create_function() deprecation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • 8thfloorads
    Participant

Hey guys, on servers running PHP 7.2 with WP debugging enabled are getting a deprecation warning regarding the create_function() on init.php line 22. Just FYI.

Hi @8thfloorads,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested the same on my test site but didn’t get the deprecation warning so could you please tell me exactly where you are getting it by sharing the screenshot of it?

Also please test it disabling all plugins except Unyson plugin.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

8thfloorads
    Participant

Hey, not really a problem since it only appears as a warning when debug is on and doesn’t seem to have any negative effect on our site yet, so just a heads up.

Can’t provide a screenshot at the moment, but here’s the link with a note  regarding the deprecation, moving forward – http://php.net/manual/en/function.create-function.php – only affects servers running PHP 7.2

The create_function() code can be found on jevelin/inc/init.php line 22

Again, not a critical issue in our case at the moment, just FYI.

Cheers.

Thank you for providing detailed information.

We will troubleshoot it further and resolve it in the future version of theme.

We have released following latest version of theme resolving this so please update your theme to the latest version.

Please login to access this file

8thfloorads
    Participant

Cheers and thanks for addressing this.

Also, a bit unrelated but there’s an error on line 503 of /jevelin/inc/helpers.php

Error message:

count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Line: 503:

if( isset( $the_sidebars [$sidebar_id] ) && count( $the_sidebars[$sidebar_id] > 0 ) ) :

count() part should be?

count( $the_sidebars[$sidebar_id] ) > 0 )

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I could confirm the issue on my test site therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

The issue is resolved in the below latest version of theme so please update the theme as described here https://support.shufflehound.com/updating-theme/

Please login to access this file

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)