remove breadcrumbs from title bar

Home Forums Gillion Theme remove breadcrumbs from title bar

Home Forums Gillion Theme remove breadcrumbs from title bar

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
  • Sensado
    Participant

Hi. I’d like to remove the breadcrumbs from the titlebars of all individual pages. Also the JOURNAL (blog page) shows “Home” in the title (and breadcrumbs are displayed wrongly), see screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Sensado
    Participant

also, when removing the breadcrumbs, please delete the entire breadcrumbs line, so that the space is not displayed as an empty line. cheers

Hi @Sensado,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can disable it in the theme settings as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

Sensado
    Participant

yes, thank you. I already disabled the title bar from the home page. However, on all other pages I’d like to see the title bar displayed, but without the breadcrumbs line. How do I do this? Cheers

Sensado
    Participant

There is also an issue that the wrong title is displayed in the title bar. E.g. when selecting the blog page (called JOURNAL), the title says HOME. See screenshot?

Attachments:

yes, thank you. I already disabled the title bar from the home page. However, on all other pages I’d like to see the title bar displayed, but without the breadcrumbs line. How do I do this? Cheers

You can remove the breadcrumb by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

div#breadcrumbs {
        display: none;
    }

There is also an issue that the wrong title is displayed in the title bar. E.g. when selecting the blog page (called JOURNAL), the title says HOME. See screenshot?

This is because you have set your Journal page as a Blog page.

Sensado
    Participant

Thank you. The CSS worked to remove the breadcrumbs.

This is because you have set your Journal page as a Blog page.

My Blog page title is JOURNAL. So it is set correctly. However, the title in the title bar displays (wrongly) HOME. See screenshot?

Attachments:

My Blog page title is JOURNAL. So it is set correctly. However, the title in the title bar displays (wrongly) HOME. See screenshot?

I could confirm the issue on my test site, therefore, I notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

Sensado
    Participant

Thank you. I noticed that the title doesn’t work with numerous pages, for example:

Shop Page – displayed as Archives

Product Page – displayed as Blog Post

so please fix site wide. Cheers

I attached my log in details, so you can access my site and make necessary changes.

Thank you. I noticed that the title doesn’t work with numerous pages, for example:

Shop Page – displayed as Archives

Product Page – displayed as Blog Post

Could you please share those page URLs from your site so that I can help you?

Sensado
    Participant

e.g. individual product page – wrong title “BLOG POST”

https://www.sensado.com.au/product/jinxuan-black/

Journal (blog page) – wrong title “HOME”

https://www.sensado.com.au/journal/

please use log in details as the site is currently in coming soon mode

Journal (blog page) – wrong title “HOME”

As said above, it is a known issue that will be resolved soon.

e.g. individual product page – wrong title “BLOG POST”

I could confirm the issue on your shared site but it is working fine on my test site as displayed in the attached screenshot.

This can be a theme issue used on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Twenty Seventeen theme on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your site theme issue.

Also, this can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins except Unyson plugin and WpBakery page builder plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Attachments:

Sensado
    Participant

ok, if it’s a site theme issue, what are my next steps?

Sensado
    Participant

breadcrumbs, product page,  are displayed correctly in twenty seventeen theme, see screenshot.

Journal/blog page displayed correctly in 20/17 theme.

I also deactivated plugins to see if that fixes the problem. I found No plugin related issue.

Attachments:

ok, if it’s a site theme issue, what are my next steps?

breadcrumbs, product page,  are displayed correctly in twenty seventeen theme, see screenshot.

Journal/blog page displayed correctly in 20/17 theme.

Sorry, I meant below.

This can be a child theme issue used on your site so to confirm it just temporary use the Gillion on your site. If everything works fine then it’s your site child theme issue.

I also deactivated plugins to see if that fixes the problem. I found No plugin related issue.

Do you mean the issue still exist even after deactivating all plugins except Unyson and WpBakery page builder plugins?

Sensado
    Participant

on Gillion theme live preview, the same issues exist, see screenshot.

Do you mean the issue still exist even after deactivating all plugins except Unyson and WpBakery page builder plugins?

i deactivated one by one, deactivating/ activating all plugins seems too much work/time for an unlikely event, i.e. we already confirmed that this is a theme issue, yes?

Attachments:

It was happening because you have set a static page in your site Reading settings as shown in the attached screenshot but I have resolved the issue now on your site.

Could you please check it?

Attachments:

Sensado
    Participant

fantastic, that did the trick with the product pages. thank you so much!

when does the blog page (JOURNAL) issue get resolved? it still displayes “Home” in the title.

thanks heaps

when does the blog page (JOURNAL) issue get resolved? it still displayes “Home” in the title.

It will be resolved soon.

In the meanwhile, you can just hide it from the page header settings by editing the page.

Sensado
    Participant

ok, thank you

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)