remove image link icon and lupe but keep the hyperlink

Home Forums Jevelin Theme remove image link icon and lupe but keep the hyperlink

Home Forums Jevelin Theme remove image link icon and lupe but keep the hyperlink

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • shootclever
    Participant

So I can remove the lupe and the link icon with following CSS:

/* Here to disable the annoying link and lupe*/
    .home article .sh-overlay-style1 .sh-table-full {
    display: none;
    }

But I would like to keep the hyperlink to the post. Any idea how to do this?

I tried to run following php function with a Code Snippet but it doesn’t work (maybe the generated hyperlink is underneath some invisible element above:
    <pre class=”lang:php decode:true”>function wcs_auto_link_post_thumbnails( $html, $post_id, $post_image_id ) {
    $html = ‘‘ . $html . ‘‘;
    return $html;
    }
    add_filter( ‘post_thumbnail_html’, ‘wcs_auto_link_post_thumbnails’, 10, 3 );
    So do you have an idea to just remove the clutter but keep the hyperlink active?

2. And where can you change the click color of the image (it’s a tad too blue)?

Hi @shootclever,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

So I can remove the lupe and the link icon with following CSS

But I would like to keep the hyperlink to the post. Any idea how to do this?

So do you have an idea to just remove the clutter but keep the hyperlink active?

Could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that I can help you to remove it?

2. And where can you change the click color of the image (it’s a tad too blue)?

I am not sure what you mean by click color and which image you are referring to so could you please describe it a bit more in detail?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

shootclever
    Participant

I added some pictures to further illustrate the problem.

The picture with the red circle is the normal behaviour. I do not want to display a loupe or a link icon when clicking on an image. I would rather just have to click on an image to get to its post.

The second image shows how I was able to hide the link and lupe icon, but now when I click on the image, I no longer have a hyperlink on it. All it does is changing color upon clicking.

So my question is, how can I get a hyperlink to my post and where do you change the on clicked background color? I would like to change the blue a bit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Solution for this topic

You can achieve it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-overlay-style1 a.sh-overlay-item:last-child,
    .sh-overlay-style1 a.sh-overlay-item .sh-overlay-item-container {
        display: none;
    }

.post-meta-thumb .sh-overlay-style1 {
        background-color: rgba(52, 177, 204, 0.8)!important;
    }

shootclever
    Participant

Thank you very much. Solved.

You are most welcome here 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)