setting up blog not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme setting up blog not working

Home Forums Jevelin Theme setting up blog not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • lorena
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to set up a page as a blog. I have done this and have started to create blog posts however I’m finding when I try to click onto the post it goes to a 404 page? What am I doing wrong?

Hi @lorena,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You were using the wrong Permalink structure on your website which I resolved and it started working fine.

Could you please check it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

lorena
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you. It is going to a page now however it seems like the content in getting jumbled up.

Whatever content I put into a blog seems to be displaying as random bits at the top of the page. (this started happening when I changed homepage settings to posts page ‘blog’) what am I doing wrong?

I am just trying to a achieve a page that displays blog posts with the categories etc on the side.. I find that if I remove homepage settings posts page to nothing the content displays normally but then I don’t get the widgets on the side? Hope that makes sense.

lorena
    Participant

I am also finding that any posts are replicated below? Is this a widget I need to remove?

I find that if I remove homepage settings posts page to nothing the content displays normally but then I don’t get the widgets on the side?

You have to edit the page and change its Page layout as displayed in the attached screenshot.

I am also finding that any posts are replicated below? Is this a widget I need to remove?

You have to remove the Recent Posts element that you have added in the content area of that page.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

lorena
    Participant

Sorry please see attachments.

I already have ‘side bar’ selected as layout, I can see the side bar however as soon as I select posts page ‘blog’ it messes up the layout and puts random content all over the page.

I also don’t have any ‘recent posts’ elements added anywhere. I have checked the widgets for blog and also the page content?

Attachments:

lorena
    Participant

(content on blog page)

Attachments:

I already have ‘side bar’ selected as layout, I can see the side bar however as soon as I select posts page ‘blog’ it messes up the layout and puts random content all over the page.

You are checking it in theme settings but instead, you have to edit the page and check its Page Settings as displayed in my above shared screenshot.

I also don’t have any ‘recent posts’ elements added anywhere. I have checked the widgets for blog and also the page content?

That element is called as Blog Posts as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)