Some questions about RTL multilingual

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Some questions about RTL multilingual

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Some questions about RTL multilingual

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • gravixa
    Participant

Hello, I have some questions about RTL and i hope i can find helpful and informative answer.

1st question, I’ll use Polylang plugin to have 2 languages. English which is LTR and Arabic which is RTL.
    How can i control the language direction in the same theme as its the same theme ‘Jevelin’?

2nd question, In each language i will use different fonts, How to control changing languages in both languages?

Hi @gravixa,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1st question, I’ll use Polylang plugin to have 2 languages. English which is LTR and Arabic which is RTL.
    How can i control the language direction in the same theme as its the same theme ‘Jevelin’?

The theme supports either RTL or non RTL language at a time which you can configure in the theme settings as shown in the first and second attached screenshots.

You can use polylang plugin to use different language directions on your site as described here https://polylang.pro/doc/configure-the-languages/#text-direction but for that you have to create rtl.css file as the theme currently doesn’t provide it.

I have created feature request to create rtl.css file in the theme.

2nd question, In each language i will use different fonts, How to control changing languages in both languages?

You can apply different fonts on the site text based on site language  by targeting lang attribute of HTMl element as displayed in the below CSS code.

html[lang="en-US"] body {
        font-family: arial;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

The rtl.css file is created in the following latest version of theme so please update the theme on your site to the latest version.

Please login to access this file

abdul235
    Participant

@gravixa does this works now for you with the provided rtl.css?

i still have the issue that it breaks .  do i need to also set the rtl support in the theme settings?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)