Sticky Mobile Header

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Sticky Mobile Header

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Sticky Mobile Header

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Surge
    Participant

Hi guys, i got two problems with sticky mobile header.

1. When i tap the menu button, the menu appears until it reaches the bottom of the screen and then i can’t scroll further to access other menu items. If i scroll my finger over the menu, the menu stays in place while the page in the background is scrolling.
    2. The menu is taking quite a bit of space on a mobile device, could we do something to reduce it’s hight?

You can see it at http://www.surgeea.com

Much thanks,

Surge

Solution for this topic

Hi Surge,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

When i tap the menu button, the menu appears until it reaches the bottom of the screen and then i can’t scroll further to access other menu items. If i scroll my finger over the menu, the menu stays in place while the page in the background is scrolling.

It seems you are using older version of Jevelin theme that is causing this issue so please update your theme to following latest version of theme.

The menu is taking quite a bit of space on a mobile device, could we do something to reduce it’s hight?

You can reduce it by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-nav-mobile li a {
        padding: 10px 0;
    }

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Surge
    Participant

Thank you. I never made an update before, so i have to ask: I am not using a child theme, i have made a lot of modifications including custom codes, and for this site is very important to stay online without much downtime.

Will update potentially break any portion of my website?

Yes if you have made changes in the Jevelin theme file instead of in child theme which is bad practise then you will loose the changes so you have to move changes made from Jevelin theme in to child theme before updating it.

You can find more information about child theme on this page http://freewptp.com/why-and-how-to-create-wordpress-child-theme/

Surge
    Participant

OK, taking the plunge, hope it goes well. Thanks guys.

Surge
    Participant

I installed the update but the problem on mobile devices persists.

Also, i can’t re-enable the same header with the contact details and work hours i used to have, please see the top of the attachment.

Please help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Surge
    Participant

Sorted the header on desktop, this was my oversight.

The problem with mobile menu is fixed but the hight remains the same for some reason, adding CSS code didn’t change it.

Surge
    Participant

On more thing… I used to have black version of my logo on the left of the header on white pages (See attached), but now the logo image doesn’t switch and it remains white (which here means it’s invisible). Could you please help me revert this to the way it was in the attached screenshot?

Attachments:

The problem with mobile menu is fixed but the hight remains the same for some reason, adding CSS code didn’t change it.

I can see the mobile menu height is changed after using above shared CSS code. Please see the screenshots of menu before and after using CSS code.

On more thing… I used to have black version of my logo on the left of the header on white pages (See attached), but now the logo image doesn’t switch and it remains white (which here means it’s invisible). Could you please help me revert this to the way it was in the attached screenshot?

<div class=”bbp-attachments”></div>
    <div>

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

</div>

<div>

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

</div>

Attachments:

Surge
    Participant

made new post, we can close this.

thanks.

You are most welcome  🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)