Telephone (type=tel) input on the form

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Telephone (type=tel) input on the form

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Telephone (type=tel) input on the form

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Konrud
    Participant

1.How can I put input type=tel on the form instead of the text/number input?

2.How/where can I translate form errors from English into my language?

Hi @Konrud,

Thank you for your questions.

1.How can I put input type=tel on the form instead of the text/number input?

You have to develop custom code to achieve this.

Instead of this you can use Number field and restrict it as displayed in the attached screenshot.

2.How/where can I translate form errors from English into my language?

You can try changing them using the following plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/say-what/screenshots/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Konrud
    Participant

You have to develop custom code to achieve this.

What do you mean by custom code?

Instead of this you can use Number field and restrict it as displayed in the attached screenshot.

I don’t see any attached screenshot.

Moreover, I want it to be type=tel in order to display it on mobile as a phone input which triggers phone keyboard instead of the default the one.

Konrud
    Participant

You can try changing them using the following plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/say-what/screenshots/

In the main page of the ThemeForest you’re telling that you’re using Contact Form 7 plugin as a build in plugin (as I know I can translate errors using this plugin’s options).

I can’t find it anywhere in my admin panel.

Konrud
    Participant

Can I install Contact Form 7 as a separate plugin or it will break the theme?

What do you mean by custom code?

Code that you wrote yourself, not prepackaged by someone else.

I don’t see any attached screenshot.

Seems i missed it so attached it again here.

In the main page of the ThemeForest you’re telling that you’re using Contact Form 7 plugin as a build in plugin (as I know I can translate errors using this plugin’s options).

I can’t find it anywhere in my admin panel.

Can I install Contact Form 7 as a separate plugin or it will break the theme?

No the theme is not using Contact Form 7 plugin as a build in plugin but uses Unyson contact form content element.

You can install Contact Form 7 plugin as a separate plugin without any issue. You can style this contact form however you want by  developing custom CSS code.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Konrud
    Participant

No the theme is not using Contact Form 7 plugin as a build in plugin but uses Unyson contact form content element.

But how about this (take a look at the screenshot)?

It says Theme Features:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yes it is a feature of theme to support those plugins but they are not bundled in the theme.

Konrud
    Participant

I’ve tried to create extension (input[type=te])

in jevelin-child theme (in: themes/jevelin-child/framework-customizations/extensions/forms/includes/builder-items/telephone-type/class-fw-option-type-form-builder-item-telephone-type.php)

but it doesn’t work and displays some errors.

I’ve actually also tried to overwrite some behavior of the unyson default elements such as input[type=number]

in order to change errors’ value but it doesn’t work either.

Could you tell me please is there something I do wrong?

I mean maybe there is no way to overwrite extensions in child theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide please see here https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Konrud
    Participant

Suppose I don’t want to overwrite it and I want to use Contact Form 7.

How can I add this form into my page? It doesn’t seem to appear in unyson builder.

You have to use shortcode provided by that plugin in the page by adding it in the page builder text block content element.

Konrud
    Participant

I don’t quite understand you.

You are talking now about a text block content element.

When I’ve asked about “Contact Form 7” integration.

I am not sure you know that to use contact form 7 you have to use its shortcode in the text block content element.

Please read the contact form 7 documentation here https://contactform7.com/getting-started-with-contact-form-7/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)