Top Bar Setting: Add Hyperlinks to Phone & Email Address

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Top Bar Setting: Add Hyperlinks to Phone & Email Address

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Top Bar Setting: Add Hyperlinks to Phone & Email Address

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • kylemcneir
    Participant

I would like to add hyperlinks to the phone number and an email address that appears in the top bar. When I add the code, the code appears and the hyperlink does not work. Where, or how, do I add the code to make these links work.

Thanks in advance.

Kyle

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Solution for this topic

Hi Kyle,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can try achieving this by adding HTML anchor in the Top Bar Settings as displayed in the attached screenshot and using the attached custom child theme of Jevelin theme that contains some custom code.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

kylemcneir
    Participant

Thankyou. I installed the child, and it allows for hyperlinks. It works!

I had to reconnect my top menu, and all appears to be working , with one exception.

I had a 4 column footer that was working fine. After I installed the jevelin-child.zip file, the 4 column footer is now wrapping, even though the setting is set for 4 columns. What is the fix so this once again displays properly, in 4 columns? Please assist.

Attachments:

You can resolve this issue by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-footer-columns > .widget-item {
        width: 25% !important;
    }

We have resolved this footer issue in the latest released theme version so please update your theme.

kylemcneir
    Participant

Thank you once again. One last question. I need to add hyperlinks to the footer as well for the email and phone. Is there a change that needs to occur in the  jevelinchild file as well, similar to what you sent for the header? Please assist.

Attachments:

Could you please tell me which widget you are using in the footer or share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you?

kylemcneir
    Participant

(1) I am using the Footer widget, Shufflehound Infomation and ShuffleHound Contacts. I want to install hyperlinks in the content, and the HTML displays rather than creating a the link.

(2) Also, you had previously provided a way for the fourth column to show correctly in the footer, and while that worked, it does not resize correctly when the size gets small for mobile devices. See attached ( footer.jpg)

(3) Lastly, I believe I turned the comments off, but the number of comments are still displayed int the footer, how do I turn off the call outs for the number of comments in the footer.

if you could respond asap, it would be appreciated, I posted this two days ago but somehow the post disappeared…and I have been waiting for a response. Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Solution for this topic

(1) I am using the Footer widget, Shufflehound Infomation and ShuffleHound Contacts. I want to install hyperlinks in the content, and the HTML displays rather than creating a the link.

To achieve this please use the attached modified child theme by removing your existing theme.

(2) Also, you had previously provided a way for the fourth column to show correctly in the footer, and while that worked, it does not resize correctly when the size gets small for mobile devices. See attached ( footer.jpg)

As said previously you don’t need to use the provided custom CSS code now.We have resolved this footer issue in the latest released theme version so please update your theme.

(3) Lastly, I believe I turned the comments off, but the number of comments are still displayed int the footer, how do I turn off the call outs for the number of comments in the footer.

You can remove it from the footer by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

.sh-recent-posts-widgets-count {
        display: none;
    }
    Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)