Using Demo...Setting new default dimensions and Adding One eBook at a time

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Using Demo…Setting new default dimensions and Adding One eBook at a time

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Using Demo…Setting new default dimensions and Adding One eBook at a time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • lavawing
    Participant

Hello, I’m using your ‘storm trooper’ blog demo as the template for an eBook selling website.

There are 2 issues we are facing in adapting your demo for this purpose:

1). Resizing the image and text template so that the template the ebook is loaded into, fully shows the eBook cover on one side and the text description on the other side. These new template dimensions will be the new default dimensions for all ebook uploads; instead of trying to resize it for each, individual ebook.

At first only part of the ebook cover was showing. We have been working on it, but it’s not correct yet.

2). How do I add one ebook (and it’s text description) at a time using this demo as our template?

Right now when I try to just add one ebook at a time to the demo using the ‘Blog Post’ element in Wp Bakery, it adds all of the posts all over again; but I need to add one ebook at a time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @lavawing,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can edit the home page and set in the Blog Posts element how many posts to display as shown in the attached screenshot.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

lavawing
    Participant

Hi,

You didn’t’ answer the first part of the ticket:

“Hello, I’m using your ‘storm trooper’ blog demo as the template for an eBook selling website.

1). Resizing the image and text template so that the template the ebook is loaded into, fully shows the eBook cover on one side and the text description on the other side. These new template dimensions will be the new default dimensions for all ebook uploads; instead of trying to resize it for each, individual ebook.

How can these template dimensions be changed? “

Attachments:

Sorry, I missed it.

It seems they are displaying fine on your website now as shown in the attached screenshot.

Have you managed to resolve it?

Attachments:

lavawing
    Participant

Yes. I have a web designer who has changed the size of the ‘container’ image templates on the Home Front Page and the Product page to show ebook covers.

But we ran into another issue with the image thumbnails in the ‘Related Posts’ section being cut off. The designer is trying to work through that now.

Any suggestions to help us?

See attachment

Attachments:

The images in the Related Posts section is displayed by the the_post_thumbnail function that is called on line number 233 in the Jevelin theme single.php file.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)