Warning: A non-numeric value encountered

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Warning: A non-numeric value encountered

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Warning: A non-numeric value encountered

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • theo
    Participant

Hi there,

After deploying my Jevelin website from my localhost to a remote server, the following error is showing up as the first line of code within <style <span class=”html-attribute-name”>id</span>='<span class=”html-attribute-value”>jevelin-responsive-inline-css</span>’ <span class=”html-attribute-name”>type</span>='<span class=”html-attribute-value”>text/css</span>’>:

<br /><b>Warning</b>: A non-numeric value encountered in <b>/home/username/public_html/example.com/wp-content/themes/jevelin/inc/templates/render-css.php</b> on line <b>44</b><br />

Can you please let me know how to fix this? Thanks!

Hi @theo,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

This is a simple PHP warning and most of the time it doesn’t affect functionality of site so it is nothing to worry about!

Do you have WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php file?

If you do then please set it to false.
    This will hide the warning messages and you will be able to use your site normally.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

theo
    Participant

Hi support,

Thanks for your reply! With all due respect, a theme that generates any type of errors is something to worry about 🙂

WP_DEBUG is set to false, but the server is set to report errors when it encounters them, like it should in my opinion.

The error is caused by the fact that in /inc/helpers.php the function jevelin_logo_height() returns a string (either something like ’50px’ or ‘auto’) and then/inc/templates/render_css.php on line 44 tries to add 30 pixels to that string, which isn’t allowed/possible.

I consider this a genuine bug and would love to see it fixed, instead of me changing my server settings to hide the error or having to hack the theme files to fix it myself (and run into trouble when updating).

Can you please help me with that?

Thanks!

Actually i don’t see that warning message on my test site even setting WP debug to true but i saw the theme file that you are referring and could confirm logical error therefore notified the theme developer about this so that it will be fixed.

The issue will be fixed ASAP.

Thank you for notifying the issue. Your help here is really appreciated.

In the meanwhile to fix the issue edit the theme file /inc/templates/render_css.php on line number 44 and remove the code  + 30 from it.

The issue is fixed in the following latest version of theme.

Please login to access this file

alexander.rodrigues
    Participant

I did the update with the Gillion_1.5.0_WordPress_Theme version and I still get the warning “Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home3/ublo1gzc/public_html/blogdacontabilidade.pling.net.br/wp-content/themes/gillion/page -blog.php on line 47 “.

When will we have the update to resolve this?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)