Which file (and folder) contains custom CSS code changes

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Which file (and folder) contains custom CSS code changes

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Which file (and folder) contains custom CSS code changes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • JasperBosman
    Participant

Dear reader,

In WordPress under ‘Appearance’ – ‘Theme Settings’ there is a Jevelin customization tool. When you select ‘Custom Code’ via the left menu, you can enter custom CSS.

The instruction tells you:

Just want to do some quick CSS changes? Enter them here, they will be applied to the theme. If you need to change major portions of the theme please use the custom.css file.

I entered some changes via this tool but now I want to get to the file where these changes are submitted to. What is the exact name of the file that contains these ‘custom code’ changes. And how/where can I find it via my FTP client? In which folder?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
    Jasper</div>

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi Jasper,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

That custom CSS code is displayed on the site by the following code added in the theme file /jevelin/inc/static.php on line number 86

if( jevelin_option('custom_css') ) :
    	wp_add_inline_style( 'pixeden-icons', jevelin_compress( do_shortcode( jevelin_option('custom_css') ) ) );
    endif;

You don’t need to edit this file or code, instead you can use large custom CSS code by adding it in the style.css file of jevelin child theme.

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

JasperBosman
    Participant

Thank you for the answer Shufflehound team!

I still got my problem, because I would like to remove the 2 custom changes that I made via the method as described above in the first post.

The first change that I entered in the custom code option was succesfully implemented. But after that I wanted to change it a little bit so I decided to look for the file where this change was editable. After I didn’t found the location I did a custom code implementation again, for the same class. Now both the custom codes are visible in the code, the first one overriding the second one.

Is there a possibility to remove these 2 additions somewhere? If yes, could you give me a brief description of how to do this? The CSS changes are not visible in the style.css files of both the parent theme and the child theme.

Thank you in advance,

Jasper

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve but if you only want to use CSS code on your site then don’t edit any theme files and just add the CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme.

If it doesn’t work after adding in the style.css file of your child theme then could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

JasperBosman
    Participant

Sure! https://rathermusic.com/

In the footer I added a SVG logo. The display dimensions should be the same as for the logo in the header bar on top:

max-height: 250px
    width: auto

Currently there are 2 custom CSS additions for the logo in the footer, because I changed my mind after adding the first. But still the first one steals the show, while the second addition is kind of ignored. Therefore I would like remove the first custom CSS addition, but I don’t know where to do this.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

Jasper

I found following two custom CSS code applied on the footer logo so could you please tell me which one do you want to remove?

.sh-image-widgets img {
        max-height: 250px;
        width: auto;
    }

and

.sh-image-widgets img {
        max-width: 250px;
    }

You can try removing it from the Custom CSS code option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Theme Settings -> Custom Code -> CSS Code

JasperBosman
    Participant

Hi,

The second one should be removed, the first one applied. Could you explain how I can remove it in the appearance- theme settings -custom code – custom CSS option? Only the first one is still visible in the custom CSS box… (see attached)

Thank you!
    Jasper

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

It seems you are also using some WordPress custom CSS plugin on your site where you have added second CSS code so please remove it from that plugin options.

Alternatively you can overwrite that second CSS code using below custom CSS.

#page-container .sh-image-widgets img {
        max-width: 100%;
    }
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)