Widgets not appearing on pages

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Widgets not appearing on pages

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Widgets not appearing on pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • MiningStore
    Participant

Hi there,

The only widgets that are appearing on my pages is the “footer widgets”.

The widget I am trying to use is the Theme My Login widget and I am trying to make it appear in the sidebar.

After I go appearance>Widgets and drag any widget into the page section, i then go to visit that page and there is nothing there.

When I go appearance>widgets and drag to the footer seciton, the widgets for some reason seem to appear.

I also noticed when I click “customise>widgets” that only “footer widgets” are there to customize.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @MiningStore,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

The widget area doesn’t display on customizer screen because as stated the reason in the below information displayed on the customizer screen as shown in the attached screenshot. In short you have to visit other pages to see it.

Your theme has 4 other widget areas, but this particular page doesn’t display them.

You can navigate to other pages on your site while using the Customizer to view and edit the widgets displayed on those pages.

Could you please try adding the widget in the Blog Widgets area?

Also make sure you have set Page Layout to Sidebar in the theme General Settings.

If still it doesn’t display for you then could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:

MiningStore
    Participant

Ok changing the general setting has allowed me to get the widget in the “non home page pages”, however I want the widget to be on the home page as well.

I also notice that you can have widgets in the footer but not in the header? How can i get widgets in the header.

SEPARATE ISSUE -1

Basically what I am trying to do is set my website up with accounts so that when clients come on they can register. Once registered any purchases for subscriptions or products will be linked to this account they set up. If possible i would also like for their newsletter registration to be linked to the one account.

This is what lead me to setting up the “theme my login” widget, however I am still unsure if its going to fix the overall issue of having accounts on the website. Am I on the right track?

SEPERATE ISSUE -2

When I apply the sidebar widget (right) in general settings, it has now pushed all content to the left. Is it posisble for the sidebar widget to just sit in the right margin rather than a part of the column?

Here is a link to our homepage URL, however we have not launched yet so you wont be able to look on it. https://miningstore.com.au/

P.s. I will attach a photo of the widget pushing content to the left.

THANKS FOR YOUR SWIFT REPLY!

Attachments:

Ok changing the general setting has allowed me to get the widget in the “non home page pages”, however I want the widget to be on the home page as well.

I can see the footer widgets are displaying on home page of your site.

The sidebar widgets are not displaying on home page because you have set your home page as full width so please change the home page layout from full width to sidebar right.

I also notice that you can have widgets in the footer but not in the header? How can i get widgets in the header.

To achieve this you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Jevelin theme as described in the following pages.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/how-to-add-a-wordpress-widget-to-your-website-header/

https://www.greengeeks.com/tutorials/article/how-to-place-a-header-widget-in-wordpress/

SEPARATE ISSUE -1

Basically what I am trying to do is set my website up with accounts so that when clients come on they can register. Once registered any purchases for subscriptions or products will be linked to this account they set up. If possible i would also like for their newsletter registration to be linked to the one account.

This is what lead me to setting up the “theme my login” widget, however I am still unsure if its going to fix the overall issue of having accounts on the website. Am I on the right track?

Yes you are.

SEPERATE ISSUE -2

When I apply the sidebar widget (right) in general settings, it has now pushed all content to the left. Is it posisble for the sidebar widget to just sit in the right margin rather than a part of the column?

No this is by design of theme.

MiningStore
    Participant

“The sidebar widgets are not displaying on home page because you have set your home page as full width so please change the home page layout from full width to sidebar right.”

Where do I change the homepage to sidebar right? I have changed normal pages to sidebar right, but I cant find anywhere to change homepage?

I can see “main page” but there is no option there to allow sidebar right as per screen shot below.

“No this is by design of theme.”

I was actually able to achieve this by using yellow pencil and changing the size of the column and moving the sidebar to the margin area.

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments:

Where do I change the homepage to sidebar right? I have changed normal pages to sidebar right, but I cant find anywhere to change homepage?

I can see “main page” but there is no option there to allow sidebar right as per screen shot below.

You have to edit your site home page and you will get it in the Page Settings section as shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)