Woocommerce breadcrumbs

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Woocommerce breadcrumbs

Home Forums Jevelin Theme Woocommerce breadcrumbs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • erikj80303
    Participant

Hi.

My breadcrumbs in woocommerce are not working quite right.  I use product categories for the top level shop page (doesn’t show products there).

The top level shows the breadcrumbs: home -> product.

If I select a category, the breadcrumbs become: home -> <specific category>.

If I select a product in the category, the breadcrumbs become: home -> products -> <specific product>. (notice the “products” is the top level for the shop and not the previous page for selected category)

1. I would like specify the top level as maybe “shop” instead of “product”.  How do I do this?
    2. As you can see above, the selected category disappears from breadcrumbs when going to a specific product in the category.  How can I make sure this level of the breadcrumbs is included?

Thanks!  You can see an example of this at:

http://www.hightechhealth.com/shop/

Hi @erikj80303,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

If I select a product in the category, the breadcrumbs become: home -> products -> <specific product>. (notice the “products” is the top level for the shop and not the previous page for selected category)

The breadcrumbs doesn’t display previous page link but the relationship between pages from the home page.

I would like specify the top level as maybe “shop” instead of “product”.  How do I do this?

You can display it from the theme settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

As you can see above, the selected category disappears from breadcrumbs when going to a specific product in the category.  How can I make sure this level of the breadcrumbs is included?

You have to develop custom code in the Jevelin child theme t achieve this.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here. Please see https://themeforest.net/item/jevelin-multipurpose-premium-responsive-wordpress-theme/14728833/support

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Shufflehound recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

erikj80303
    Participant

Hi.  Thanks for your response.  I figured out the answers to these today and I am going to include them here in case anyone else reads this.

> I would like specify the top level as maybe “shop” instead of

> “product”.  How do I do this?

You can display it from the theme settings as shown in the attached screenshots.

Actually, no.  The top level breadcrumb for woocommerce is hardcoded as “product” inside this theme.  The solution to hardcoding it to what you want it to be can be found here.

> As you can see above, the selected category disappears from

> breadcrumbs when going to a specific product in the category.  How

> can I make sure this level of the breadcrumbs is included?

You have to develop custom code in the Jevelin child theme t achieve this.

Thankfully, the solution above also put me on the right track to solving this as well.  Override the function jevelin_breadcrumbs in the child theme functions.php using the code from the above link.  Code from here will point you in the right direction for modification.

Awesome great to see you got that achieved.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)