WooCommerce element filter

Home Forums Jevelin Theme WooCommerce element filter

Home Forums Jevelin Theme WooCommerce element filter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • Hi Team,

I am having trouble at setting up some Woocommerce elements on my website.

I have some categories + subcategories in my woocommerce catalogue lets call them:

– Client type 1

*Product range A

*Product range B

*…

– Client type 2

*Product range B

*Product range C

*…
    – …

I have one different page for each of my client types (no shop pages). On these, I would like to add a filtered woocommerce element that only display the products available for the type of client (Product Range) my page is about + display a filter of these product ranges.

Few comments on the available elements:
    – Woocommerce shortcode is okay as I can display the needed categories (one client type at a time) but I don’t find how to display some filters for the subcategories (product ranges).
    – Woocommerce category element displays categories as clickable images however I want my products directly displayed on the page and not on another one.

– Woo Recent products is nearly what I’m looking for but I don’t know how to set it up to display only one Client type category at a time on each page with its relevant subcategories (product ranges available for this client).

I don’t know if my question is clear enough, please let me know if you have any additional question.

Thank you for your help,

Julie

PS: I am setting up my website on localhost so I cannot share it with you at the time. But I will find a solution to put it live if needed.

I just wondered if it would be possible to filter not with categories but with tags? or attributes? This way I could have my different product ranges in categories and my client types in tags or attribute?

However I still need a way to filter the woo recent products element…

Can you help me?

Hi @Netcosports-marketing,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I read your question carefully but still not clear about what you are trying to achieve.

Could you please share me the screenshot of sections that you are referring so that i can better understand it and help you?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

Hi Team,

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my unclear explanation.

I added a file to explain what I am trying to achieve (catalogue structure and what my “agencies” page is looking like right now).

I also took a look at the Woo Recent Products shortcode and tried to add a selection option in the options.php file (I copied pasted the multiselect field from the Woo Categories shortcode). See code I added below:
    ‘categories’ => array(
    ‘type’ => ‘multi-select’,
    ‘label’ => esc_html__(‘Product Categories’, ‘jevelin’),
    ‘desc’ => esc_html__(‘Choose which product categories you want to show’, ‘jevelin’),
    ‘population’ => ‘taxonomy’,
    ‘source’ => ‘product_cat’,
    ‘prepopulation’ => 15,
    ‘limit’ => 100,
    ),

This is well displayed and working fine in the visual editor of my page, however I cannot find how to call properly the categories I choose in this field and display them on front-end. Normally, I will only have one category at a time, corresponding to my Client type. So I think I “just” have to call this category to populate the data-filter of the “All” item from the view.php file. See below:
    <span class=”sh-filter-item active” data-filter=”.product_cat-agencies“>
    However I don’t know how to achieve that by calling the categories field I referred above.

But maybe it is a bit complicated and there is another easier way to achieve what I am trying to do.

Thanks for your help,
    Julie

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

If you want to display specific WooCommerce categories in the filter then could you please share me the page URL from your site where it is displaying so that i can help you to achieve it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)