WYSWYG Editor has disappeared.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme WYSWYG Editor has disappeared.

Home Forums Jevelin Theme WYSWYG Editor has disappeared.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • LMH
    Participant

I just updated the theme and no matter what I do, the tinymce editor is missing from any text element.

Hi @LMH,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me the screenshot of the issue so that I can troubleshoot it?

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

LMH
    Participant

I gave full access as well to see in real time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I logged into your shared site and saw it is displaying fine as shown in the attached screenshot.

Is the issue resolved?

If not then please test it on a different browser.

Attachments:

LMH
    Participant

That is not the proper WYSWYG. It is missing the entire Visual tab so only source code is seen and used.

Attachments:

Please refer my shared screenshot where the visual tab is displaying fine.

Have you tried using another browser?

LMH
    Participant

I have not but does this not work with Safari? Never had any issue with this browser and any theme or WordPress. My other sites operate correctly.

Please try clearing your browser cache and disabling its extensions.

Also please test it on another browser to confirm whether this is the browser specific issue.

LMH
    Participant

I do not have any extensions on. I just tried Chrome and it is not there either. See attached.

Attachments:

I have tested it again and it is disaplying fine for me as shown in the attached screenshot.

There is definately something wrong at your side causing the problem which need to find out.

Please test it on different system.

Attachments:

LMH
    Participant

I have tried it on 2 different desktops and a laptop – all Macs. I do not have access to PC.

If you have any colleague on remote location then please ask him to test it.

Can you check the JavaScript console for errors when you face this issue?

In Chrome go to “Tools -> Developer Tools” and in Firefox you can go to “Tools -> Web Developer -> Console”

Find information about how to open JavaScript browser console :

http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/8525/how-to-open-the-javascript-console-in-different-browsers
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors

Let me know what JavaScript errors if any you are getting when you face this issue.

LMH
    Participant

Okay turned debug on. Tested on Firefox. Same problem occurring there. Here is what the console looks like.

Attachments:

I have again tested it on the different system using safari browser and it worked fine.

I can see on your shared screenshot that the faviconloader module in the browser is causing the error which maybe causing this issue so please try resolving it.

Also, as requested above If you have any colleague on remote location then please ask him to test it.

LMH
    Participant

I have no idea what faviconloader is – this is a very basic site with this theme. First time using this theme and on first update it does this. I do not have a colleague using a PC. Everyone in my office has Mac and since I’ve already mentioned I tried multiple systems I do not see how that helps me whatsoever. This is not the support I had read in the reviews.

To resolve any issue we need to reproduce the issue so that we can troubleshoot it.

In your case, the issue does not reproduce at our side as it is working fine as shown in the shared video added in the private reply.

What does it mean?

It means there is something specific at your side such as browser, system or network that is causing this issue and we need to find out this to troubleshoot the issue.

We need your cooperation to troubleshoot it.

LMH
    Participant

Solution for this topic

It was profile based not system or browser. For whatever reason, WordPress must have a bug maybe? On an off chance I decided to enable and re-enable the visual editor in the profile settings of WP. To be clear, it was not checked before I did this. I turned it on and then off again and tried the text box again. Works.

Ohh I thought you shard me the same credentials that you were using for testing.

Awesome great to see you got that resolved.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)