404 Page name is sample-page

Home Forums Gillion Theme 404 Page name is sample-page

Home Forums Gillion Theme 404 Page name is sample-page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • vonedaddy
    Participant

I am using the custom 404 page you offer in your theme.  When it get’s hit it says “sample-page” in the URL.  Can I change this?  It is showing up in a related posts widget I am using.  I would prefer to hide the page from that widget, but at least changing the name to 404 or something would make sense.

Also, another topic, how can I change the blog title font size?  I am changing the “post Title” in the styling section and it has no effect.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Hi @vonedaddy,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I am using the custom 404 page you offer in your theme.  When it get’s hit it says “sample-page” in the URL.  Can I change this?  It is showing up in a related posts widget I am using.  I would prefer to hide the page from that widget, but at least changing the name to 404 or something would make sense.

The theme doesn’t create any such page so please check whether you have created sample page on your site.

Also, another topic, how can I change the blog title font size?  I am changing the “post Title” in the styling section and it has no effect.

You can try achieving this using Yellow Pencil editor as described in the below page.

https://support.shufflehound.com/how-to-change-almost-any-element/

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

vonedaddy
    Participant

What do you mean it doesn’t create any 404 page?  It is an option in our menu.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

I meant the theme doesn’t create any static 404 page which you think is a sample page on your site.

The 404 page is a dynamic page which displays when you visit any URL on your site that doesn’t exist and you can control some styling and text on this page using theme 404 page settings that you displayed in your shared screenshot.

You can get more information about 404 page on the following page.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_an_Error_404_Page

vonedaddy
    Participant

Thank you, is there a way I can edit it while using the child theme?

Yes, you need to copy 404.php file from Gillion theme into child theme and edit it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)