404 page settings, change 'reload button' to 'get back to main page'

Home Forums Jevelin Theme 404 page settings, change 'reload button' to 'get back to main page'

Home Forums Jevelin Theme 404 page settings, change 'reload button' to 'get back to main page'

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • Marcin Gora
    Participant

Hi Team,

I hope you are doing fine. I have jet another question 🙂

On 404 Page I would like to reconfigure ‘Reload button”
    I would like to change this button behavior.  I prefer to allow users to click on this button and get back to main page.
    Where can I edit a link associated to this button so I can put url for main page?

Thanks!

Shufflehound

Hi there,

You can use this child theme bellow and edit 404.php file 26 line: href=”add-your-link-here“.

Let us know if that works. 🙂

Best regards,

Shufflehound team

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

sachcontrol
    Participant

Hello.

I had the same question and found this thread in the forum which is a great help. But it also raises another question for me.

I already have a child theme installed. How can I add this new child theme without losing my changes to the currently installed child theme?

Thank you and best regards

Stefan

You have to extract the shared child theme zip file and copy 404.php file from extracted child theme folder and add it in your child theme directory.

sachcontrol
    Participant

Okay, can I do this somewhere in the WP panel oder do I have to use FTP for that?

To do that you can either use FTP or cPnael file manager.

sachcontrol
    Participant

Sorry, another question about this. We did upload the file and I can make most changes, but not the text for the button itself. I assumed that I’d need to change this line of the code:

$default_button = esc_html__( ‘Zur Startseite’, ‘jevelin’ );

The button still says ‘RELOAD’ instead of ‘Zur Startseite’.

sachcontrol
    Participant

Never mind. I found where I can change the settings in the theme settings. So this is sorted.

Awesome great to see you got that sorted.

Please advise if you have more questions.

Have a fantastic day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)