503 error in Gillion 1.4.2

Home Forums Gillion Theme 503 error in Gillion 1.4.2

Home Forums Gillion Theme 503 error in Gillion 1.4.2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RESOLVED Posts
  • manufactorial
    Participant

Hi,

I used lately Gillion 1.4.1 on WordPress 4.9.2 and really liked it. So i bought your theme on themeforest – Gillion 1.4.2 and installed it on the same WordPress 4.9.2 at the same hosting company (so the server should manage your theme equally good). Unfortunately after installing the theme, it’s child-theme, and some of your suggested plugins (only those plugins) and starting to set some options in the Theme-settings, it stops loading, displays 503 error:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It breaks the whole site totally. I’ve tried it three times and every time with the same result. First bad sign is that when it saves the new theme-settings, the saving pop-up displays longer and than instead of a success message, I see an empty pop-up with an X in the corner. Clearly an error message with no content.

The only difference I see between the first time I used Gillion and now is one update. From 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 – so you should search here. The website is http://n.instytutslaski.com/ but it won’t help you anyway, since it’s totally broken.

Btw. deleting the plugins with ftp doesn’t help. Nor does deleting both Gillion theme and the child-theme and loading them again.

manufactorial
    Participant

Update: the error is somehow connected with the Unyson (2.7.11) plugin. The website started working, but then again, when I changed  something several times in the Theme’s Settings (that menas –  in Unyson), it displayed an empty error pop-up and next a pop-up with a message “Service Temporarily Unavailable”. And now – again – is the website down. There must exist an issue with the way Unyson interacts with your theme. But the same version of Unyson worked fine with previous version of the theme.

Hi @manufactorial,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have tested it on my test site and it’s working fine for me using latest version of Gillion theme and Unyson plugin. It is also working fine for our other users.

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable errors are most often caused by your site having met its maximum concurrent connection (simultaneous visitors) limit.

You can try fixing it as described in the following pages or contacting your web host.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-fix-503-service-unavailable-error-in-wordpress/

https://www.000webhost.com/blog/503-service-unavailable-wordpress

Best regards,
    Shufflehound team

manufactorial
    Participant

Solution for this topic

Hi, you’re probably right – my web host has suggested I should change PHP version. After that it works considerably faster and no 503 error so far. Thanks for your answer!

You are always welcome here 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)